LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· GOT Boost???
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is in the pro shop getting my Maggie installed along with my Torq convertor. Now I know someone had mentioned I would need a tune after the convertor was installed but I assumed they ment the this would be handled when they tuned the PCM at Magnuson. I now noticed a thread talking about tuned TCM and was wondering if this is what he ment.
I guess my question is do I need to tune the TCM for the convertor or will the PCM tune from magnason do the job?

· Captain Thread Killer returns
25,230 Posts
the shift points will have to be tuned/changed after the converter.....the maggie tune will not do that.

· GOT Boost???
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thxs for the reply. Turns out Magnuson called to say I needed to send in the TCM module along with the PCM. Wish they had said something to the Pro shop when they talked on the phone.

· m1tankr
140 Posts
It's in the directions that autos need to send the TCM in and the PCM there's a space in the box (but the directions show it for an 04 and it's inside on the 05/06's). They will not tune the TCM for a convertor.

· GOT Boost???
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
m1tankr said:
It's in the directions that autos need to send the TCM in and the PCM there's a space in the box (but the directions show it for an 04 and it's inside on the 05/06's). They will not tune the TCM for a convertor.
Now if they just included the shipping label and directions I would have been all set :)

· GOT Boost???
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
m1tankr said:
They will not tune the TCM for a convertor.
They must have change that policy. I talked to the guy that is programing my TCM/PCM (Dusty?) and he told me they program for all mods as long as they know about them. Just FYI for anyone else going trough a similar situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.