LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GOT Boost???
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is in the pro shop getting my Maggie installed along with my Torq convertor. Now I know someone had mentioned I would need a tune after the convertor was installed but I assumed they ment the this would be handled when they tuned the PCM at Magnuson. I now noticed a thread talking about tuned TCM and was wondering if this is what he ment.
I guess my question is do I need to tune the TCM for the convertor or will the PCM tune from magnason do the job?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
the shift points will have to be tuned/changed after the converter.....the maggie tune will not do that.

·
GOT Boost???
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thxs for the reply. Turns out Magnuson called to say I needed to send in the TCM module along with the PCM. Wish they had said something to the Pro shop when they talked on the phone.

·
m1tankr
136 Posts
It's in the directions that autos need to send the TCM in and the PCM there's a space in the box (but the directions show it for an 04 and it's inside on the 05/06's). They will not tune the TCM for a convertor.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You need to have the downshift rpm raised or the trans will be constantly downshifting. Every time you give it more throttle, the converter slips, rpm's jump and you get a downshift. Raising the line pressure 10% helps firm up the shifts

·
GOT Boost???
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
m1tankr said:
It's in the directions that autos need to send the TCM in and the PCM there's a space in the box (but the directions show it for an 04 and it's inside on the 05/06's). They will not tune the TCM for a convertor.
Now if they just included the shipping label and directions I would have been all set :)

·
GOT Boost???
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
m1tankr said:
They will not tune the TCM for a convertor.
They must have change that policy. I talked to the guy that is programing my TCM/PCM (Dusty?) and he told me they program for all mods as long as they know about them. Just FYI for anyone else going trough a similar situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts