LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GTO Cyclone Gray Metallic, 6.0, Magnuson 112, ported 243's, JBA shorty header
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have his contact info other then his email? I sent him my computer 2 weeks ago and only heard from him once about how he was sick, but would get to my computer Monday which was last week

·
GR-RRR!
13,957 Posts
My local tuner does a great amount of remote tuning. He also travels quite a lot and does a lot of "come to you" tuning. He has a great deal of experience street tuning and dyno tuning. I've never been displeased with anything he's done and he is always responsive to address questions and make tweaks if there is anything you want done after the initial tune. He also owns a GTO.

He is also on Facebook under the same business name.

·
Registered
2006 GTO Cyclone Gray Metallic, 6.0, Magnuson 112, ported 243's, JBA shorty header
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd just trailer the car somewhere. I wouldn't trust a final tune (especially on a boosted car) that will have no revisions and logs reviewed. IMO get the ECM back from Frost and a refund. You're not going to maximize the setup and/or be happy with it.
That's what I'm trying to do, but the guy won't answer emails and his phone number at his shop doesn't work

·
Worthless reject member
83,692 Posts
I know pretty sure this is going to be a dumb question, but what is the threshold for WOT?
pretty low tps percentage, actually.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

i was basically saying to street tune it at light accel/cruise and then afterwards extrapolate for the higher ranges of the MAF and VE, then start tuning for wot and high rpm operation.

you're (probably) not going to blow it up momentarily going in to power enrichment if it's lean. you will if you stay in it. best bet is to fatten things up beforehand so you won't run REALLY lean, then after testing see where you actually are and make the needed changes. you might be able to make an educated guess based on how much airflow the blower is pushing as to where you'll be at, maybe go 5-10% fatter than that.

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Learning to tune will be the best thing you ever did.
I read this book and started tuning. My first tune was a boosted sbe and things turned out good. http://www.masterenginetuner.com/

Drop your timing in boost down to 10 degrees of advance to start with. Set your boost enrichment up rich and setup your scanner correctly with the pid’s you need and good histograms. Then start off with light throttle and after each adjustment as things look good go a little higher in the rpm range and higher throttle percentage.
It’s not that hard to get a good running safe tune. Then as you get better you can nail down the little things for driveability and response the way you like.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts