LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of HiTech Motorsports?

I stopped in and talked with the guys. They seem to know there stuff. The "big gun" that they have as a customer is Al Corda. He owns Rock Falls Raceway in Wisconsin and is the two time Super Stock Champ. His Super Stock car is a '98 Firebird Formula. HiTech builds his motors and does the tuning on his car.

They seem to be involved heavily with the LS1. Has anyone dealt with them?
 

·
stay young
Joined
·
190 Posts
sorry vick, i am unaware of them, but it sounds like a source worth researching. ask around. i have been looking for someone reputable as well. i live in osceola
 

·
got cam?
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
yeah i just talked to them yesterday they really seem to know what there doing going to there dyno within the next week to see what my car has . i've also dealt with boos but hes kinda expensive on tunes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke with them again on Wednesday too. They had dyno sheets from a GTO tune they had done. They had some pretty nice gains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
Well I made an appointment to have them dyno-tune my car - I'll be up there next Friday at 10am if any of you want to meet up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thull said:
Well I made an appointment to have them dyno-tune my car - I'll be up there next Friday at 10am if any of you want to meet up.

I'm pretty close to doing the same, I just have to put on my LPE CAI and decide if I want to do headers first.

I doubt I'll be able to meet you up there, but I'm very interested in hearing your results. Keep us posted.

I'm wondering who's dyno sheet they gave me, someone from this board?
 

·
got cam?
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
T.Vick said:
I'm pretty close to doing the same, I just have to put on my LPE CAI and decide if I want to do headers first.

I doubt I'll be able to meet you up there, but I'm very interested in hearing your results. Keep us posted.

I'm wondering who's dyno sheet they gave me, someone from this board?
did anyone ask about a group discount cause i plan on going in this week to have mine tuned?
 

·
stay young
Joined
·
190 Posts
we should try to hook up and talk to them about a group discount, good idea 1meangto.
I really need to get in soon. Next week, the borla exhaust goes on.
Do I dare tune b4 she is broken in? what do you guys think, i have 600 miles on her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
goat gruff said:
we should try to hook up and talk to them about a group discount, good idea 1meangto.
I really need to get in soon. Next week, the borla exhaust goes on.
Do I dare tune b4 she is broken in? what do you guys think, i have 600 miles on her.
I would say that HiTech would be the best one to answer that question. I don't think the tune would change based on mileage but your base line and after tune numbers might not be as high. You should still see the same overall increase though.

The initial tune is more expensive because you have to pay for your copy of the LS-1 Edit. Any future tunes you would do because of additional mods are just at their hourly rate.
 

·
got cam?
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
T.Vick said:
I would say that HiTech would be the best one to answer that question. I don't think the tune would change based on mileage but your base line and after tune numbers might not be as high. You should still see the same overall increase though.

The initial tune is more expensive because you have to pay for your copy of the LS-1 Edit. Any future tunes you would do because of additional mods are just at their hourly rate.
do you guys want to meet and go up there sometime to talk to them?because they have ls1 unlimited so they don't pay for the pills and even if they did there $320-450 dependind on how many you buy at a time! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1meangto, check your PM's.
 

·
got cam?
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
sent ya 1

T.Vick said:
1meangto, check your PM's.

I already sent you one didn't you get it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
You guys should come up there on Friday at 10 we can have a chat with the guy.

On a side note I saw a purple 04 today on 394, a middle aged black lady was driving it. Any of you know her or the car?
 

·
Resident Sports Rube
Joined
·
27 Posts
it was me, i was wearing a mask.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1meangto said:
I already sent you one didn't you get it?
Yup, I got it.
 

·
got cam?
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
Thull said:
You guys should come up there on Friday at 10 we can have a chat with the guy.

On a side note I saw a purple 04 today on 394, a middle aged black lady was driving it. Any of you know her or the car?
I GOTTA WORK FRIDAY. how many com purple ones are around here?i've only seen a yellow one and a quicksilver one.
 

·
stay young
Joined
·
190 Posts
mine is black/red m6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
I would have gotten black on red if there was one available. I love my red though so no worries :D

There were 2 purple ones at Thomas when I picked my car up 3 weeks ago.

I saw a IBM Saturday night getting valet parked downtown. I actually waved him down and then found out it wasn't his LOL
 

·
stay young
Joined
·
190 Posts
when i got the black/red m6 it was the last one for 1000 miles around,i got a great deal also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I have been to Hi Tech the guy that does the tuning there is great..I was with a group of 3800S/C guys doing tuning.

later
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top