LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey poop heads. I made a shitty video last night for someone on another forum to prove a point so I figured it would be a shame to not post it here. I’m no YouTube sensation and I don’t have the great personality for YouTube and I hate talking to a phone, feeling weird about it...but here...here’s a video showing how you can alter the timing corrections to make the idle more or less choppy. If you want more info on exactly what I did, just ask.

·
Administrator
8,721 Posts
Yup, easy as hell to do with HP Tuners by simply altering the idle timing. You can use the live controls in the scanner to do real-time changes to nail down the idle quality before you write it to the tune as well.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, easy as hell to do with HP Tuners by simply altering the idle timing. You can use the live controls in the scanner to do real-time changes to nail down the idle quality before you write it to the tune as well.
There’s no timing corrections tables in the scanner. But yea, you can alter timing to see what it likes.

·
Administrator
8,721 Posts
I didn’t say there were timing correction tables in the scanner. I was referring to the live function controls. You can play with the idle timing (+/-) until you get the desired idle quality. Take that number and add/subtract it from your idle timing in the editor and voila. Real easy to do.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn’t say there were timing correction tables in the scanner. I was referring to the live function controls. You can play with the idle timing (+/-) until you get the desired idle quality. Take that number and add/subtract it from your idle timing in the editor and voila. Real easy to do.
gotcha. I realized that after I posted but I didn’t feel like going back and editing lol

·
Administrator
20,771 Posts
Yep. You could get a donkey dick cam for that curb-monkey-loving lope, or just adjust timing.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never knew guy had a bit of a drawl, 🤙🏻
whats that mean?

edit. nevermind...looked it up. Well I'm from the south....the way we speak sounds funny to northerners and the way northerners speaks, sounds funny to us..lol

and for the record, I usually speak much faster, I just spoke slower so i wouldnt screw up and have to keep reshooting the video.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought your video was really good, even with your southern accent. :) I figured you were a smaller/thinner guy, but I think I confused you with Richard (shotgun from hell guy).
I work out a good bit, been slacking lately...2-3 days a week in stead of 5. Been having too many projects. and thx!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Get some gas, lol.
I almost mentioned in the video why im low on gas. I'm pulling the fuel tank this weekend and I took it to the gym (thats where the video was done) to try and run the rest of the fuel out.

·
Super Moderator
15,356 Posts
LoL steelie said Donkey Dick.

That's old school.

·
Registered
8 Posts
whats that mean?

edit. nevermind...looked it up. Well I'm from the south....the way we speak sounds funny to northerners and the way northerners speaks, sounds funny to us..lol

and for the record, I usually speak much faster, I just spoke slower so i wouldnt screw up and have to keep reshooting the video.

Thought you spoke slow so northerners would understand.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts