LS1GTO Forums banner

Tuning

Tags
tuning
2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Rich-Tripower 
#1 ·
Im looking to upgrade my goat and from what I read on the forums you need a tune for the smallest changes. I live pretty far from tuners in my area is there anyway to tune it myself or any other recommendations

#4 ·
I agree, looking back at all my tune files the only time I really needed to change the MAF calibration was when I installed the VARARAM and then subsequently the XAIR OTRCAI's. The XAIR actually resulted in much smoother MAF curves than the VARARAM. There is a little bit more power available if you tweak the timing from stock.

#10 ·
Doing a canned tune on a bolt-on car is pretty simple. Yeah you won't have it 100% optimised if you had it on a dyno and dialed it in, but you'll be a few horsies away from it.

Somebody can drive around with you, collect log data, and do all the standard stuff. Put in a huge block of 24's and 25's in the timing table, do the MAF cal error correction and VE table, and any other drivability and emissions junk you need.

Slip yo boy a hunned and u good.

#11 · (Edited)
I was actually pretty happy with the email tunes I got via my DiabloSport Predator and tunes from DiabLew Tunes until I outgrew what he could do for me and got a dyno tune done via HP Tuners. If all you are doing is exhaust and intake, take a look at Diablew Tunes. Even the canned tunes in the Predator were better than stock and are set up with the expectation you have perhaps headers and intake upgrades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.