LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Disaster
339 Posts
That is very interesting. :mullet: But I agree with what everyone says about the turbo lag. Not to mentioned the fact that its kinda stupid to have the damn filter right there. WATER

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Lag wouldn't be a problem. Its a V8! And if any lag would be there, it would help with the launch as it wouldn't spool up to full boost until after the car is moving.

The turbo setup has been run on a few F-Bodies. Seems to work. But I agree, dry weather only :)

·
Disaster
339 Posts
yeah i guess your right about the lag....for some reason i had "ricers" in my head. :slap:

·
BattleHerks Forever
310 Posts
There is an LT1 Camaro with a "butt turbo" set up similar to this. Search the LS1 or LS2.com, there have been many threads on it and from what I remember it produces some decent #'s

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rear Air Intake

RAZRS EDGE said:
That is very interesting. :mullet: But I agree with what everyone says about the turbo lag. Not to mentioned the fact that its kinda stupid to have the damn filter right there. WATER
Hows about an intake line to a intelegently designed grill in the rear quarter panel? or rear deck. It'd require some, *ouch*, cutting and bending. Not a job for a machine shed mechanic, but someone with some highly talented cut and paste abilities.
:confused:

·
Registered
235 Posts
A GN could spool a turbo easy and it only was 3.8 litres, so the GTO would rip with a turbo. Maybe LS1motorsports will sell a kit later. That particular kit is no good because the turbo is too far away.

·
Registered Cruiser
77 Posts
This is one that you CAN buy and DOES work. AU$16000 for the basic kit (450rwhp @ 6psi) or AU$20000 for the Stage II (550+rwhp @ 10psi). Very low stress on a stock motor. The Stage II kit made 611rwhp before maxing out the injectors. Both prices are fitted drive in/drive out. Obviously you'd have to find someone to fit it for you. Go to www.amberleyautos.com.au for further info.

Mick

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Guys, this is Adam Bruce (Ls1Tech, CorvetteForum, LS1.com etc). and I'm the one that made the image in question. Just to make sure everyone understands, this was a joke I originally posted on LS1.com and LS1Tech. At any rate, this was "inspired by" the STS rear mount turbo for the Camaro and Firebird.

Here is the original image:

Here is my Photo-Chop

I really don't know how well the STS turbo kit performs on the F-cars beyond what I've read. My observations is it might offer easier installation and less Emissions hassel since it is after the cats. The draw backs are that you would likely have more lag than than an intergrated turbo system and likely less power, but at lower cost. Either way not really something I would condone doing to a Goat.

As for the Turbo-GTO in the picture above, how did it dyno?

-Adam :thumbs:

·
3,327 Posts
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: I get it now.

·
Monaro - Australian for GTO
80 Posts
Nice One. Funny Very Funny Adam.
:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Wow 1 million horsepower. How much will it cost? Do you have pictures?
:mullet:

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
LOL, that's one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile.

But for you guys thinking forced induction, I'd think supercharger before turbocharger if I was you..

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
STi said:
LOL, that's one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile.

But for you guys thinking forced induction, I'd think supercharger before turbocharger if I was you..
Indeed, Howie from Arrowhead Performance has already stuffed a Magnacharger under the hood, and it still closes! BTW, love to see a some pix of your "ricer" STi is a mean little machine. I'm not a big fan of the looks, but I sure wouldn't want to race one, stock or otherwise. Where did you find someone with an AWD dyno? Someone told me that they are going to give the same treatment to the Legacy next year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts