LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the odds that we can get the forum members who have added either a single or twin turbo to their cars can post their info here.

That would give everyone an idea of how many of each types are actually in use out there and it would also give us the chance to direct specific questions to the people who actually drive these cars everyday.

I was thinking along the lines of:

Which turbo system.

Other mods.

Cost of kit and install.

Type of tune and dyno numbers.

Track numbers.

Your overall impression of the kit and would you buy again.

I just though a "one stop" thread for turbo info might help alot of us.

Please chime in if you'd please.

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
Heck of an idea...if it has a good turnout we can get it sticky'd for easy access.

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking. LS1tech has a "blown" list which is pretty cool and loaded with info. Was hoping for something more casual here that just gave us the nuts and bolts of each set up and how they are working.

·
Registered
108 Posts
sts

Valve springs rest on sig

everything installed 6500

Mustang dyno @9psi [email protected] [email protected]

havent had time to take it to the track

I love it and would buy it again in a heart beat. It sounds amazing, fast enough to scare the shit out of you and the passengers. Plus the goat looks incredible with a front mount.

·
Banned
1,581 Posts
Turbosystem by teamscss.com - One-of kit all custom built using Garrett GT3071R turbos

Other Mods - Custom fuel cell and "return" fuel system, completely stock engine

Cost - Around 13K with tuning and fuel setup

Tuned by Chipmaster Revolution using diablo sport

Dyno #s - 502RWHP, 520 RWTQ at 8psi of boost

Best 1/4 mile - 12.1 @ 116, 60'-2.1sec (terrible, I know but no traction and no clutch)

Overall impression - Jet-like acceleration, full boost at 2000RPM, daily driven:)

Not only would I buy it again but I would share the experience with other GTO drivers in my area.

·
Exclusive
1,323 Posts
teamscss.com said:
Not only would I buy it again but I would share the experience with other GTO drivers in my area.
:turbonaug Hell yah!!!! Too bad I work too much, but are you going to Barona or Fontana on the 23rd. If yah I will see you there.

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plus the goat looks incredible with a front mount
Front mount....?? Intercooler? Does STS have a kit where the turbo is front mounted?

·
I need more cowbell!
370 Posts
teamscss.com said:
Turbosystem by teamscss.com - One-of kit all custom built using Garrett GT3071R turbos

Cost - Around 13K with tuning and fuel setup

Best 1/4 mile - 12.1 @ 116, 60'-2.1sec (terrible, I know but no traction and no clutch)

Overall impression - Jet-like acceleration, full boost at 2000RPM, daily driven:)

$13K for a 12.1???

·
Banned
1,581 Posts
06gtobuyer said:
$13K for a 12.1???
1 - I thought this wasn't suppose to be a discussion forum - just a information.
2 -like I said - terrible
BUT... this was at the last Pontiac Track Day where the heat was dsicusting, 120 degree weather and 145 degree track temp. Also, Everyone that day was running a full second slower than their average times, so I can conclude that my ride is an easy mid 11s w/traction. Besides, we didn't build it to run 1/4 miles but rather open track, you should experience the acceleration in top gears - power band is limitless - it keeps pulling and pulling strong. So now I am putting in a McLeod street twin clutch and better meats, and waiting for the op to hit the track again.
P.S. Show me a better looking Twin setup for under 13K ( of which 3k is for fuel system only)
Peace!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I bought Brent's car and I smile everytime I get in and out of the car. The car is amazing and it is my everyday driver. I have even taken it on 3-4 long distance trips (3-4 hours in distance) and it is just a fun car. I brought it from Brent with 8K on the odometer and have alreay put on 4K in 3 months. I just cant stop driving it. No matter where I am going or who I am going with I am always saying, "Na, I'll drive." I mean it scares the crap out of them but it is exciting. Here's what the car has.

STS 76mm Turbo w/intercooler and alcohol inj.
Cartek Stage 3 Heads with custom grind cam.
Forged internals
Built tranny w/ lock-up switch
Stock rear
(This is a basic overview)
15-18K for everything performance wise
585rwhp/695rwtq
Brent had the car go [email protected] 1.5 60'
My 4 runs with the car are at this point (warmer weather)
11.5 @ 131 2.0 60'
11.3 @ 129 2.0 60'
11.1 @ 129 1.88 60' (using tranny lock-up switch)
10.92 @ 128 1.82 60' (using tranny lock-up switch)

(haha as you can see I am still learning how to launch it)

I would buy this car even if it retailed for 50K. Everyday driver and absolutly nasty when the boost kicks in. On the highway I eat 600's all day long. Great looking car and the best thing is that you dont see them all over the place!!!

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts