LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Don't forget to bring a towel
292 Posts
so mine has been doing this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMF9m2JMITw&feature=youtu.be

it's not the same thing, but similar... i figured it had to do with the relay... would this result in the same fix? i.e replace BCM??

also i seem incapable of embedding videos... but that's neither here, nor there...... :rclap:

·
4X4 Beast VV :D
4,692 Posts
so mine has been doing this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMF9m2JMITw&feature=youtu.be

it's not the same thing, but similar... i figured it had to do with the relay... would this result in the same fix? i.e replace BCM??

also i seem incapable of embedding videos... but that's neither here, nor there...... :rclap:
The fix is grow some cojones like Fox Mulder said lol get into the guts of that BCM and fix that son bitch! If not, myself or Bohnman can fix that for you. I think the biggest and most time consuming challenge for me would actually be locating the god forsaken relay itself, lol. :p

·
Registered
645 Posts
I bought mine from Aus.(too much) I also found online(relaycenter.com) where they will have 400 on 4/27, min order is $25 and each part I think was appox. $4.50 each

·
Registered
645 Posts
does anyone know if you have a new bcm and new key fobs can you do this without the TECH 2 or having to go to GM. I have the manual and it appears you can sync up manually,

·
Don't forget to bring a towel
292 Posts
The fix is grow some cojones like Fox Mulder said lol get into the guts of that BCM and fix that son bitch! :p
you present a very strong argument sir...

but since we're quoting Fox Mulder... this:
I wouldn't even try with solder wick if you're not experienced because it's very easy to damage the circuit board. Equipment is only part of the story, you don't put the best gun in the world into the hands of someone who can't shoot. ;)
and more of this:
You need the skills (and cojones) to solder stuff in the BCM. Unless you are really comfortable... probably best to leave it alone... if you mess up the BCM you'll be taking the bus
was looking more for a confirmation of cause than a solution... lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
This just started happening to my car. Has anyone ever fixed this problem. Looks like lots of talk about how to fix it but no success stories. Not really interested in investing in a new BCM and key fobs.
Started last night with not being able to lock the car. This morning after getting to work the passenger signal stayed on. Restarted the car and it went off. Tonight nothing is working.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Man that musta been very expensive I've got a used BCM I would have swapped out the relay for you for a fraction of the cost

·
Registered
645 Posts
where was you when I needed you. tried to do it myself but did not work out got fustrated and went the new part route, thanks anyway

·
"There's no good sharks?"
1,294 Posts
damn, the goat is starting to do this to me. anybody have any spare relays laying around? only place I found you had to buy like 11 of them for 30 bucks...

·
Administrator
9,439 Posts

·
You want a shot at the title?
460 Posts
damn, the goat is starting to do this to me. anybody have any spare relays laying around? only place I found you had to buy like 11 of them for 30 bucks...
I have about 7 left over from the batch I bought. I removed the stock relay and soldered a new relay to my BCM - the lights flash normally again when locking/unlocking the car. Holler at me via PM and we can work something out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
.......BCM....is requiring a steady intake of Excedrin Extra Strength and is bad for my liver.
I have flasher/turn signal issues when locking/unlocking as well as spontaneous illumination on a hot day.
Located the Flasher relay on BCM and when squeezed it clicks and issue is resolved....
Please help!!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts