LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wait, what?
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1454504946.324126.jpg
SOLD

This is a 2" turners cube made from solid 6061-T6 aluminum. I made this on a manual lathe no cnc. Cubes are captured inside and will not come out. Anyone who has ever machined anything will appreciate this. Takes 4+ hours to make. Really cool for your desk or coffee table. $100 +shipping. Thanks for looking.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
Rubick gives it a free bump

·
Wait, what?
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, they're very cool. I saw the video also and had to make one. So far I've made 2. First one took me 9.5 hrs and 2nd one 4.5 hrs. Definitely keeps my machine shop skills sharp. I am dropping the price again because I realize that even though it takes me that long to make one, nobody is going to pay what it's worth to me. I just need to supplement my income.

·
Registered
910 Posts
very cool, got the Sherline how-to so the math would be easy to figure out. Retiring late this year so some people are going to get a cool Xmas present. Thanks and that 4.5hrs has to be very satifying.

·
Wait, what?
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also came up with a cool way to make the final cuts on the 6th side. Hot glue is a waste of time. Thin zip tie through all holes pulled tight toward the back pulls the cube away when it's cut free.

·
Wait, what?
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is sold, anyone interested in another one just let me know. Probably will make a few non separated ones too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts