LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the tips Josh! I'm playing around with the camera now and coming up with some fun shots (slowly but surely) Wish you taught a class locally though:picsnao:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Data Recovery

Hi there,
I like your tutorial. It’s good for users to get their head around some novel ways of photographing at night. I’ve built this exact rig, and I am having trouble keeping the poles straight- with the magic arm and the camera attached to the end, it bends quite a bit. I can still shoot decently, but it worries me it wont hold out for long.
Can you recommend anything? I was thinking of getting 12" piping, just a little smaller diameter, and reinforcing the insides of the connecters.

Thanks

Picture Recovery!

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
I've read just about all of your post and I am trying the things that you are telling us to do. I must say I have gotten better at this picture taking thing. I'll get there one day. Here is one I took this evening. I think the sun had gone down too far.

HRJ, as far as I know they went down and never came back around. I was on over there and it was a pretty good site. Nothing quite like it out there now. I tried to hit all the points, but I left out one point that the picture posted brings up. NO FLASH! An in-camera flash isn't enough to do anything when you're dealing with a subject as big as a vehicle. You need to adjust exposure to do that.

Its a decent picture. There is a tree and a lightpole coming out of your car and the lighting is a little weird on the side of the car and overall not well lit enough but it is a good start. Keep on experimenting and practicing and you'll continue to see your work improve.
He's right on this one picture dont use the flash Natural light and your F stop (apature) and a slow shutter speed would make this picture a lot better.Also always use a Tripod and the shutter timer if you have one.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Funny...I disagree with myself two years ago and now shoot everything in RAW...haha

·
Mr
1 Posts
For better car pictures, first, you have to know for what purpose you are taking pictures. If you are making magazine cover so you should take a picture from the front, 45-degree angle, and top. If you are making a banner for the car company so you have taken it from downward and the camera should be close to the car. you can click from far from the car.
So first tell me your purpose than i can say how you can take a better picture of cars.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts