LS1GTO Forums banner

181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Throttle cable seems a little tight, I adjusted to max and the throttlebody doesnt quite close alll the way. Not sure if i need to try and bend the holder or maybe add a washer or two to bring it forward.

·
Administrator
8,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Post / text me a pic of how you have everything laid out and secured.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sure, will do. Still need to make an intake up. Went to a local store and they wanted $240 for a pair of 4" elbows and a 10" aluminum pipe... I cant spend that in principle, so I'm going to use some 4" dust collector parts until the order comes in to at least get it started.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I fabbed up an imitation Hardcore intake, but I am now worried about how exposed the filter actually is to the wheel well. Not a huge deal I guess since our weather is usually dry and dusty.

·
Administrator
8,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
👍🏽

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well - still working on the tune over email. Place is swamped now but hopefully will get in soon. Some pics of the fenderwell, still unsure how I feel about how exposed it is.

·
Administrator
8,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Well, I wouldn't drive the car in rain, that's for sure.

·
Freedom Fighter
770 Posts
Well - still working on the tune over email. Place is swamped now but hopefully will get in soon. Some pics of the fenderwell, still unsure how I feel about how exposed it is.

View attachment 503944 View attachment 503943
Can you shorten that at all? They have those rain guard sleeves that fit over cone filters. Maybe look into that. I wouldnt feel too comfortable with this setup.

·
LS9 FTW
256 Posts
Your air filter looks awfully low.

See link below on how MP_GTO did his CAI.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Its about half inch higher than the bumper. Thanks for the link, I like what he did to block off the wheel well. I was looking for the KN Drycharger to fit this cone. I think the problem may be that its just too large. If I found a nice way to enlargen the hole I could probably pull the filter up about an inch and half.

·
Administrator
8,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
You having an issue? 04 system is pretty easy to fill without needing to “burp”.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The supercharger system, it doesnt seem like its flowing much.

The tune was running really rich so I just uploaded the touched up tune. Unfortunately the car wont stay running now... always something. Good weather coming to an end :(

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Best of luck to y'all doing the pd blower thing. I love my 1900's, wish I put the 2300 on the cgm. but I spin these smaller ones pretty quick and add some methanol to cool things.
Built big block power at the touch of the pedal. It's pretty fargin' fun

·
Administrator
8,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Fun is an understatement, especially when I took mine out this past weekend for the first time driving in temps in the upper 60’s vs 90’s. Feels like the car picked up 50hp from the cooler temps.

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
wish they had the track open for street cars in cooler weather here. I feel lucky when the da is 4000', normally run in 90+ degrees even at midnight. blowers love that cool air. Next step was to add nitrous to say f-u to the heat and hopefully go deep 10's. haven't got there yet.

Had to change the 2.9 pulley to 3.1 to keep a belt on, kept shredding them at the track. OD crank pulley, OD cog rears needs a wider belt and pulleys to get the grip if you're spinning the piss out of these things. I was all of 13psi on the last track day..woohoo! :cool:

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
Harrop blower changing to "gilmer" dual drive stealth mode..still makes beautiful blower noise

Attachments

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
love turbo's too, got compounds on my cummins w/s475. over 50psi and sings a song at wot, tons of torque, but 3 seconds slower than the gto's lol..weight matters, well over 7k lbs.
thought about hairdryers for the goat but packaging was a pia at the time.

·
oops, killed another one
463 Posts
TVS, or any rotors will make for smiles for many miles! Love them blowers for street or strip.
Hope you have have the same smile that I have every time you drive the beast.

181 - 200 of 205 Posts