LS1GTO.com Forums banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

:giggity:

Took it around the block with the baseline tune upload from CSP. Accidentally got onto it from a stop, and oh boy this thing is gonna be fun.

·
GR-RRR!
5,502 Posts
So, if I take the $1000 fun money I have set aside, sell the FAST, sell the DuSpeed, sell my kidney, I might just have enough for a TVS.....

·
GR-RRR!
5,502 Posts

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Hmm, I wonder why the car is running insanely lean:

The connector for the EVAP solenoid got buried under all of the hoses/wires and completely forgot about it.

·
Super Moderator
12,159 Posts
Happens to the best of us. Even in aviation. :eek:

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
All buttoned up.

·
1 of 40,757
6,397 Posts
I still marvel that no one has ever built of offered a really high quality slave for these cars. I mean, the market is fairly large with all the LS motors out there, but I suppose manuals are still in the minority.
Have you seen this?

·
GR-RRR!
5,502 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
A little late to this party but I just installed Mitchell's old ported MP112 on my stock internal 04. I already had a DW65 fuel pump, no Magnavolt and 60# Deka's. I haven't gotten it on the dyno to finish the tune yet but have plenty of fuel so far on a base tune.

Also as far as the coolant hose with a 90 I didn't like the way it looked and bought one of those springs that go over the hose that keeps it from kinking and felt better about it that way.

I also contemplated many of the same things as you and ultimately kept the stock heat exchanger and stock airbox. Partly because I like the look and because this isn't a racecar for me either.

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Waiting for an open slot to be able to take the car to CSP for a full tune, but in the meantime did some logs today to begin dialing in the MAF a bit as it was running incredibly lean. Running much better during part throttle.

Came back and put the banner up that I had Magnuson throw in with the deal:

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Anyone here know a rough target commanded AFR to start with for a boosted LS1? 12.7 is what I’m commanding now, but that’s leftover from when I was NA. Believe I need to pull it into the high 11’s while in PE.

·
1 of 40,757
6,397 Posts
From my experience any boosted application you’re shooting for around 11.5:1.

When I had my S/C and I/C s10 I could adjust fuel with a knob. the difference between 11.5:1 and 11.8:1 was surprising. Enough fuel but noticebly down on power from just a couple tenths.

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
You’re rich...

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #120

101 - 120 of 156 Posts