LS1GTO.com Forums banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,159 Posts
I'm glad we don't have that stuff here. It's more trouble than it's worth for a street car.

Reactions: Kfxguy

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I love bi-color sweet corn.

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Well, just about one month since I was last in here and finally have a dyno session scheduled for 6/29 @ CSP. I've spent countless hours working out some kinks and part throttle MAF tuning, but can't wait to get a full tune so I can actually experience the full potential of this car.

Unfortunately this will be a drop-off on Friday, and hopefully pick it up early next week dyno date due to the ongoing pandemic. Was trying to hold off till I could go and be there for the tune, but unfortunately there's just no idea of when that may be allowed again.

I will say, however, that even at part to moderate throttle in closed-loop, this thing feels like it has more punch than my 430rwhp/403rwtq 05. I set my PE to a commanded 11.5 AFR just to keep things safer, and have "mistakenly" got into boost a few times on the highway. Not WOT; but enough to go into closed-loop to merge. Experienced a few very quick bursts of what this thing may feel like at WOT.
Gave me some giggles for sure.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey - love the post. I just also pulled the trigger today on the tvs2300 kit. Pretty much same mods as you, interesting to see how it plays out

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited)
Tune done. 430/445. Previous numbers with headers and a Svede were 336/348.

I’m running out of fuel over 5500rpm, so need a new fuel pump. We think it’ll make an easy 450hp with an upgraded fuel pump, so that’ll be my winter project along with a few other things.

The hour drive home was an absolute blast. This thing feels like a completely new car. I’m ecstatic.

·
LS9 FTW
243 Posts
Congratulations on the install and tune!

How is traction?

How much boost and any comments on how IATs were doing during tuning?

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Thanks. Traction isn't bad at all, but I also didn't really push the car that hard on the way home.

It's the stock configuration, so should put out 5-6psi. I'm running the stock MAP, so can't read boost. Didn't feel like upgrading to a 2-bar MAP since its a pain in the ass to swap the MAP once this blower is installed, and I'm not planning to up the boost for awhile.

Andrew said I was running a consistent 140 degree IAT's under boost, which is roughly where they should be.

Being able to pass and overtake someone on the highway in 6th gear without even needing to downshift was incredible. Also, the sound of the exhaust when I roll into boost is intoxicating.

So damn glad I decided to boost this thing. I'm giddy just thinking about the next time I can take it out for a rip.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Man these posts are great, I had some buyers remorse (10k CDN pesos to get a new tvs up here), but now I'm excited. Should I get a pump right away you think? Im looking for similar numbers to you (430-450whp) would be amazing but I'm also at 3500ft altitude and can only run 91 octane

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Man these posts are great, I had some buyers remorse (10k CDN pesos to get a new tvs up here), but now I'm excited. Should I get a pump right away you think? Im looking for similar numbers to you (430-450whp) would be amazing but I'm also at 3500ft altitude and can only run 91 octane
buyers remorse?umm why? you will love it. Yes you need to do a pump. and injectors. 91 octane means you a degree or two less timing. Add a meth injection kit later on for more timing and power.

·
Worthless reject member
40,155 Posts
you can get 450whp with heads/cam for less dough. problem is you won't have the phat torq curve of a roots-type, nor the drivability or stealth at idle.

then add pullies, a blower cam, CnC heads, EWP pump ... dang. i'm getting all warm and tingly inside.

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
buyers remorse?umm why? you will love it. Yes you need to do a pump. and injectors. 91 octane means you a degree or two less timing. Add a meth injection kit later on for more timing and power.
They come with Mototron S107 injectors pre-installed, but yes, I’d highly suggest a new pump if you’re just starting the install process. I couldn’t get a solid answer months ago during my research, so that’ll be my winter project. I rarely ever wind this thing out to 5500rpm, so it’s not an urgent issue for me, and we threw a 5500rpm limiter on just to make sure I don’t exceed that so I don’t go lean.

A meth kit will be installed over the winter too, then back for a retune in the spring.

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
you can get 450whp with heads/cam for less dough. problem is you won't have the phat torq curve of a roots-type, nor the drivability or stealth at idle.

then add pullies, a blower cam, CnC heads, EWP pump ... dang. i'm getting all warm and tingly inside.
Troof. I’m going to just enjoy this new power and the awesome flat torque curve till the winter, then reevaluate where I want to go with this thing. I’ll most likely be upgrading the clutch, driveshaft, axles, and rear before I add more power.

That said, I’m in awe that my original, OEM, nearly 80k mile clutch was able to handle this power and torque without slipping. I went in thinking the clutch wasn’t going to hold.

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Also, I updated my before numbers above. The numbers I posted before were the wrong numbers from a skewed run that wasn’t accurate. The before numbers posted now are where I was previously with headers and a Svede.

·
Freedom Fighter
767 Posts
Troof. I’m going to just enjoy this new power and the awesome flat torque curve till the winter, then reevaluate where I want to go with this thing. I’ll most likely be upgrading the clutch, driveshaft, axles, and rear before I add more power.

That said, I’m in awe that my original, OEM, nearly 80k mile clutch was able to handle this power and torque without slipping. I went in thinking the clutch wasn’t going to hold.
You're original slave cylinder lasted this long? Crazy. I guess maybe it could it you bled the fluid regularly or at least turkey basted and replaced the res fluid at least once a year.

·
Freedom Fighter
767 Posts

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
You're original slave cylinder lasted this long? Crazy. I guess maybe it could it you bled the fluid regularly or at least turkey basted and replaced the res fluid at least once a year.
Original clutch and slave, yep. I also routinely replace the reservoir fluid and never let it get dark. Car has been relatively babied it's entire life, and the majority of the miles on this car are all highway cruising, but I went into the day thinking an 80k mile OEM clutch wouldn't hold. Shockingly it did, but I'm going to replace it regardless. A fuel pump, clutch, and meth kit are on my winter project list right now.

Reactions: Abs
121 - 140 of 156 Posts