LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found these pics on .au forums, haven't really got more info on it, but once its ready we should have some awesome figures.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Sheeeeeeit.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Is it wrong to get turned on by stuff like this? I swear, that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
I wonder what kind of headers they made.... I think they'd have to have log manifolds for the space restriction. I also wonder how large the downpipes are. To me it looks like a spark plug/wire nightmare.

There is room to locate them on the sides of the block perfectly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mark Skaife signed it, multiple v8supercar champ and Holden Racing team (HRT) owner also works for hsv as a test driver and setup consultant

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Monster

First, the Rotary Washing machine, now....Sweet mother.......Has that got a parachute I hope? :thumbs:

·
Registered
22 Posts
holy hell, that looks badass

·
Registered
14 Posts
ImpalaSS96GTO06 said:
sweet...who made the kit and what r those numbers under the sig?
This car is a VT Series II HSV GTS (4 door Holden Special Vehicle) , these came out with approx 402 fwhp standard and the kit was manufactured in a place called Cairns which is located in North Queensland, Australia by a company run by Leigh Holman SVS [Special Vehicle Service] in Cairns.

Quote from the owner:
The car is a VT series II HSV GTS C4B 6spd manual, the project was started just after the vehicle came out of warranty. Before the turbos all that was done was a K&N filter and computer chip, internals are stock hence the low boost (10psi).

It now has the unichip on it and it appears to be running perfect, the approaching dyno work should tell.
Also bigger fuel pump and fuel injectors, and modified fuel system. Blow off valves plumbed back into air filters so its not sneezing like some rice rockets.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Hp and torque ratings of this bd boy?

There is no doubt that someone mortgaged the farm on this setup. /whats the hp/torque ratings of this bad boy
dms

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't know the power output, this particular chap has only recently introduced himself on the ls1 forum Aus version. Waiting for some dyno time to see what it does, I have also invited him to have a run at the local dragstrip(street meet) as he only lives approx 190 miles from me.

Cheers.........D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turbonq

DevilYellow said:
I wonder what kind of headers they made.... I think they'd have to have log manifolds for the space restriction. I also wonder how large the downpipes are. To me it looks like a spark plug/wire nightmare.

There is room to locate them on the sides of the block perfectly.
The manifolds are fabricated from what are called "butt weld fittings" here in Australia. They consist of cast steel elbows of various sizes and come in both 90 and 45 deg. and 2 different radius. They can be seen in the enclosed pic. taken after ceramic coating was applied. The dump pipes are 3" dia. down to the 3" cats. then into a twin 2 1/2" exhaust. The plug/wire setup is OK as far as turbo engines go with cyl #4 & 6 the worst. It gets a bit busy down there because of the ABS re-location and the steering. The turbos were put as far forward as possible to make for a better exhaust setup, less sharp bends and as far away from the firewall as possible.

·
Turbo's Rule
7 Posts
The most boost used so far is 7.5 psi. We dont intend to increase that with the pressent engine configuration. preliminary dyno tests have been very promising. We expect to see 500 rwhp without any problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
lethal said:
The most boost used so far is 7.5 psi. We dont intend to increase that with the pressent engine configuration. preliminary dyno tests have been very promising. We expect to see 500 rwhp without any problems.
Townsville Dragway 15th May !!!!! Cya there ?? :thumbs:

·
Registered
77 Posts
lethal said:
Unless I am mistaken was the HP originally 400 (or there abouts) rwhp?

If so, that's a lot of work for a 100HP... maybe I missed something...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts