LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
interesting

Hi Guys, Just thought I would share with you the first pic of the new APS GTO intercooled twin turbo system (not the complete twin turbo kit though enough you give you a good idea of the package), the US release will be in early 07, enjoy!

The system has been retooled in high volume tooling and this along with higher volume production of the twin turbo system will ensure a significant reduction to the MSRP, all good. The APS GTO intercooled twin turbo system will be available from a good number of LS1tech.com sponsors and I will post a list of these dealers in the near future.

·
Administrator
21,142 Posts
they also have a rep for having zero spare parts if you bork something up.
given the cost, id rather go with a custom setup.

pretty looking setup though.

·
Administrator
21,142 Posts
Some people bought some GTO kits from them here (this forum).
Initial quality was great, but somehow some guy lost or broke a part or something, and tried to order just a few parts, and they told him no can do, when they responded to him. Basically blew him off after sale.

·
Administrator
21,142 Posts
Prolly due to the smaller market of vehicles.

·
Here for the Gangbang
4,076 Posts
I really want front-mounted twins. :(

Blonde, brunette - it doesn't matter to me. :p

·
GB=coffee pimp.
2,427 Posts
I'm all for mounting twins in whatever way they would like... front, back, sideways, whatever it takes!

·
Here for the Gangbang
4,076 Posts
I agree - but they need to work on the pricing. I know what a Mitsu sleeved turbo is worth, and I highly, highly doubt the rest of the kit is worth $4500.

·
Mile High Air
3,070 Posts
We'll see what the new MSRP will be. They definitely have to be competitive with GENTT or hang it up.

From a heat perspective, I think they have the right idea. It also keeps the weight more towards the center of the car instead of on the nose.

The length of the intake won't really matter much. Look at the STS.

Those exhaust manifolds look custom and I'm sure that's where a lot of the extra cost is. They also look quite a bit bigger than stock, all good stuff.

·
5800ft Sucks Wind - Literally
709 Posts
Doric said:
I really want front-mounted twins. :(

Blonde, brunette - it doesn't matter to me. :p
:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
kills toyota for fun/profit
472 Posts
Riddlefox said:
Add a transmission cooler then ;)
Yeah, but even then the lines would overheat and the cooler might just pop. Remember you are putting two friction junkie turbos spinning at around 20,000 rpm on the low side right next to a friction based transmission. I think I really rather mount them forward of the engine and get some ducting to blow air down and out.

·
500RWHP and 530RWTQ
1,067 Posts
They are looking to sell the kit for $5995...instead of the $8995 price tag it had before. Its a nice looking kit.

·
Enthusiast
1,425 Posts
Bluemeaniews6 said:
Yeah, but even then the lines would overheat and the cooler might just pop. Remember you are putting two friction junkie turbos spinning at around 20,000 rpm on the low side right next to a friction based transmission. I think I really rather mount them forward of the engine and get some ducting to blow air down and out.
According to the APS Website, the position of the turbos is conducive to cooling. Some heat shielding or wrapping might be in order, but unless you run the turbos really really hard and then immediately park... I dunno. I've never been under the GTO beyond an oil change, so I don't know exactly how it's laid out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.