Discussion Starter #1
I can hear it now from the owner of this car:

"2 Turbos? That's it?! My LS1 is packing 8!"

Dyno video and more pics on this page:

http://www.lateral-g.net/sandlin/

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
That is insane. What is that, a turbo for each cylinder? And what kind of car is that, a '57 Chevy? Man, you don't need a mechanic for that thing, you need a plumber! Very cool.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Quote from that site:

Hp/Tq numbers coming after its final tune. Currently, it's well over 800hp with a very conservative tune!!

800hp? Wth? There are guys over at LS1tech that are doing ~600 with a procharger and a few other small things. I would think after all that you'd be looking at at LEAST 1000hp. Even that's kind of wimpy. That would be impressive at 2000hp, 800 is kind of a let down... :confused:

I think I have a vid somewhere of a guy on the dyno with a twin turbo GN doing ~1200hp.

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Actually i don't think it would get that much power at all. A turbo needs the back pressure of the exhaust to make its power. While normally there is a lot of backpressure for one or 2 turbos to work i don't see much back pressure left over for 8 seperate connections. Infact with all of that hardware i could see the car weighing well over 4000 pounds. Thats just too much pipping for one car. I think a cooler approach, i know this is LS1gto.com, but i have seen an eagle talon with 2 engines in it. Both turbo'd and producing close to 1000 HP. I can imagine that much power in such a small car.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Mad Max would love it! Cool but impratical. I love it too. That thing is going to look evil polished up.

·
got rice?
480 Posts
They may have to make better tires and suspension tuning just for that car. :)
Also, it should be making at least 1500 hp + on a conservative tune.

·
Turbocharger Engineer
27 Posts
One big unit would work better then a system like that ...lol...not to mention, the front end probably weighs a ton with all the piping, and turbos.

Jose

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

·
Turbocharger Engineer
27 Posts
Yeah Chris Chow's car is a V8. The motor is out of Duttweiler's car and has been de-tuned for Chris's car. We are designing a twin system for the GTO's now that will use twin GT32's which will be good for 850-900rwhp. Should be a fun ride....

Jose

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Dare I ask what has to happen to keep the rest of the car from falling apart with that much RWHP?

·
Turbocharger Engineer
27 Posts
Good question...I would have choosen a better chassis for that project...hehe

Jose

·
Turbocharger Engineer
27 Posts
Ahh much better now, looked like a heap before.

Jose

1 - 19 of 19 Posts