LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mega Bullitthead
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I am not a GTO owner and this is not a race with a GTO, but I truly enjoy posting here. It is a very laid back and entertaining forum. I was out this morning and came across a SRT-4 and he had a friend (another SRT4 with no wing?) with him. I pulled out behind them as they entered a three lane freeway and pulled past them through 2nd and into 3rd gear. We all caught the next light and it was quite ugly! :) I just 'bumped' the car through first gear and then stood on 2nd. It got a little loose at the top of 2nd and I just stuffed it into 3rd and walked away. I could see both of them in my rear view mirror at the end of 3rd gear as I briefly accelerated into 4th. I slowed back to the speed limit and they rolled up to me and down shifted a couple of times so I slowed down to about 50mph. I was in 3rd at 3k and they jumped on it. Again, I pulled away pretty well (it was much closer than the 'dig' race, however!). The only bad part is I was trying to give them the 'peace' sign after we raced and they wouldn't even look over at me. Whatever, still lots of fun! I was a little apprehensive initially because I know these little cars can be quite fast given the right modifications. The 'dig' race was definitely a slaughter though! :)
 

·
Mega Bullitthead
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zeroevidence said:
Good kills and NICE ride! Next best thing to fox body :)
Thanks for the compliment! :) That was the car before this one. '88 GT with 331 stroker, no power options except for steering and brakes. It was a very light car and turned 12.80s N/A on street rubber. I sold it about five years ago to buy my wifes engagement ring! Nice trade, she bought me the Bullitt that Christmas.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
Nice kills! Based on your mod list, its going to take more than the stock turbo to keep up with you.

A lot of SRT4 owners have opted to "de-wing" their car to lose some of the "riceboy racer" look and give it more of a "sport compact" look. At first I was torn over the look of no wing, but after it saved me from getting a ticket twice (they went after the more ricey looking car each time instead) the look grew on me :)
 

·
Mega Bullitthead
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
phillysrt4 said:
A lot of SRT4 owners have opted to "de-wing" their car to lose some of the "riceboy racer" look and give it more of a "sport compact" look. At first I was torn over the look of no wing, but after it saved me from getting a ticket twice (they went after the more ricey looking car each time instead) the look grew on me :)
By the numbers in your sig, our cars would stack up pretty well! Like I said in the post, I was a little nervous because I know those cars can pack a punch! I figured the race from the light was going to be my best advantage. I just wish they would have been a little more sporting and at least thrown a 'thumbs up' after the runs! Win or lose, I always give a nod to the other guy/gal, just courtesy as far as I am concerned.
 

·
seppuku rights activist
Joined
·
4,317 Posts
It's kind of annoying that you post that here.








...and not sign up for the track day at san antonio raceway so we can check out that Bullitt. Yeah, I know it's kinda far, but still...we have a really nice track down here. You should come down sometime.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
Mighty Rooster said:
By the numbers in your sig, our cars would stack up pretty well! Like I said in the post, I was a little nervous because I know those cars can pack a punch! I figured the race from the light was going to be my best advantage. I just wish they would have been a little more sporting and at least thrown a 'thumbs up' after the runs! Win or lose, I always give a nod to the other guy/gal, just courtesy as far as I am concerned.
Well I doubt that I would hang. I always wind up playing catchup to RWD cars off the tree. But yeah Im always willing to give it a shot.

I dont have a video of my time, but I finally got off my duff and scanned in my timeslips. Here's the 12.54 pass:



here is a "backup" slip, where I got kicked out of HOM in the top of 3rd, so I had to run 4th gear in the pump gas map. As you can see, the time suffered.

 

·
Parting My GTO Out
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
Nice kills man! Those srt-4s had no chance. With those 3.73's can you squeeze a little out of 2nd at 50mph, or is it at too high of rpms?

Feel free to post here. I really havent raced anyone on the street with my mods. I've been to the track 4 times in the past 2 months, so that might be part of it. Would you mind posting some times? If you dont, I understand. I was debating about telling anyone about my nitrous...I guess I'm just an attention whore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Raced my buddy this weekend who dynoed 398 FWHP in his SRT-4 on pump gas. From a 60 mph roll we were dead even. He said with race gas he will be putting down 430's. Of course he is no where near stock.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
ACEGTO said:
Raced my buddy this weekend who dynoed 398 FWHP in his SRT-4 on pump gas. From a 60 mph roll we were dead even. He said with race gas he will be putting down 430's. Of course he is no where near stock.
nice. probably garrett dbb or a 50-trim. I cant see getting 398 on pump gas with the S3 turbo, but who knows.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,167 Posts
The neighbor kid has an SRT-4. I'm not sure what mods he has, but the car was gone for a while and is now back. When we sit at the end of the street waiting for the bus to pick up my daugter. She and I (sitting in the Goat) crack up when he shifts and it sounds like a screeching bottle rocket going off. At least that's the best I can describe it.

One of these days I'll have to drop in and introduce myself to the kid...both he & dad pay attention when I drive by.

Gerry
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
ShoddyHog said:
The neighbor kid has an SRT-4. I'm not sure what mods he has, but the car was gone for a while and is now back. When we sit at the end of the street waiting for the bus to pick up my daugter. She and I (sitting in the Goat) crack up when he shifts and it sounds like a screeching bottle rocket going off. At least that's the best I can describe it.

One of these days I'll have to drop in and introduce myself to the kid...both he & dad pay attention when I drive by.

Gerry
Could it also be described as a dying bird? If so thats the HKS blow off valve in action.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top