LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kettering University
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to install a Navone FM Modulator and need to remove the HU to access the antenna cable. Unfortunately, I cannot get the HU out..I tried bending a couple pieces of coat hangar into "U" shapes and inserting them into the 4 holes in the face of the unit and pressing until it clicks, but to no avail..I cannot seem to get it out. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
-Jason

·
Kettering University
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It didn't slide out..I pulled, pried, cajoled, cursed and yanked...How hard should it come out? I pressed on the 'U' pieces quite hard also..Nothing..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just pulled mine today and the trick seems to be to press outward on the tools and then wiggle it out.The radio is plugged into the connectors at the back so that has to release.When i did it a second time it was easier.

·
Registered
46 Posts
you need to put the coat hangers or i used some drill bits and you have to push them in till you feel them click into place and its best with 2 people if you pull outwards and then slide the unti out i have done it 3 times while installing my sirius radio and it wasnt easier after the first time. Best of luck

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
You dont need to pull the radio to get to the antenna.

open glove box.

remove 2 screws on panel between radio and glove box(you will see screws with box open)

be careful removing panel (clip back near emergency brake)

Look and you see antenna.

Also you can use power from cell phone adapter that you will see also.

Other threads are here with wiring and pictures

1 - 6 of 6 Posts