LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent 3 1/2 hours today at the dyno. Place has a mustang dyno so numbers show a little lower as we all know.
First run was VERY dissapointing 250rwhp nice huh.

AFR was running in the 14s.

First change was attempting to just add fuel during PE. no help what so ever and AFR went to 15 :|

reversing this back to what it was and changing the IFR first 90%. AFR went up so bad we stopped that run. reverse direction to 110% and afr dropped to 13.5. 120% of IFR and it dropped to 13.3. 130% and was still at 13.3. Injector duty only at 50% so they were not topped out.

We then went to changing the MAF to attempt to get the AFR down to at least 12.5. MAF at 110% it was down a little more. then PE at 110% AFR finally hit 12.5.

You would think NOW we could then move onto timing.

OH NOOOOOO

taking a tune that just a few minutes earlier had ZERO KNOCK, 307rwhp and get this 378rwtq and just changing CELL 22 ( in theory the wot cell ) up to 20 which it was at only 16, 17, 18, and 19s. nothing major, magnuson said no more then 22-23 so 20 looked like a good halfway point of not being to aggressive.

AFR jumped to GET THIS 19. No other changes where made.
We then put the last tune that ran absolutely beautiful and poof it was once again sitting in the 15s AFR.

LTFTs are now all F***ed up sitting positive 8-12s. AFR is hosed.

Man what a frustrating day.

SO: now for the questions

1. What other ways are there to get the AFR down from 14s to 12.5? Making the IFR smaller made ( at least today ) the AFR go UP not DOWN as you would think. What is considered to far, INDC were never above 50%.

2. MAF tables obviously has a limit and most tuners dont like using this to increase fuel, but how much larger would I have to go to get this dang thing down so I could then up the timing.

3. PE table increase? what is acceptable or to much?

4. WTF: is with the AFR going all over the place?

Oh the IAT stayed at a steady 135 ALL DAY. I know this is normally a problem but it was fine today, nice and cool out and 3 fans in the front.

:banghead: :banghead:

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
So uh yeah, when do you want to send me your PCM so I can load the maggie tune? hehe

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Is their A/F probe having issues? I've made back to back passes on the dyno with exactly the same tune, nothing at all changed and the A/F read +/- 1 full point each way difference.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CSiJason said:
Is their A/F probe having issues? I've made back to back passes on the dyno with exactly the same tune, nothing at all changed and the A/F read +/- 1 full point each way difference.
Not sure, that is possible. I may just have to goto a different dyno and see. It was just strange.

gtpprix Thank you, I sent magnuson the ls1 file and if they are willing to just make the changes I can flash it here. But if that falls through I will take you up on your offer, or if you can pm me the tables below to see if mine are all out of whack. [/b]
I dumped all the tables that were changed by the installed that were different from stock.

hi/low octane ( this is updated with the tune from magnuson they sent me)
ifr ( same as what magnuson said for this and others here )
pe
base spark in drive
base spark in park
iat vs map - whichis lower then stock since m/c is hotter. but only 140f during my runs.
main ve table - just 400rpm-1600 map 15-map 65 rest are stock

I am wondering if I should have just modified the fuel air modifier for MAP 85+ for 60c and above. now its stock and I would assume changing here would increase fuel during wot?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts