LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Crack Open a Fresh Baileys
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out today to make some sound clips of my setup and noticed that it makes a very sharp noise. It sounds like pins and needles dropping. I'm freakin' out over here! Listen to the very beginning..

Oh man, what have I broken this time.. :(

MP3 of idle only

Someone help, please! :whine:
Before I make anymore clips, I wanna make sure my car isn't about to explode.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Kylan said:
I went out today to make some sound clips of my setup and noticed that it makes a very sharp noise. It sounds like pins and needles dropping. I'm freakin' out over here! Listen to the very beginning..

Oh man, what have I broken this time.. :(

MP3 of idle only

Someone help, please! :whine:
Before I make anymore clips, I wanna make sure my car isn't about to explode.
I don't hear anything bad....

·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wretched 6.0 said:
I don't hear anything bad....
It's right at 13 seconds.. It's quick and goes away (unfortunately, since I'm trying to point it out) but it usually comes and goes throughout the sound.

If you don't notice it, I guess it might not be bad.. I might have another clip where it does it more. I'll check and see. I just wanna be sure I'm okay.

Edit: http://media.putfile.com/The-noise-AHHHHH

My mic was apparently too close to the mufflers, so it's kinda distorted, but the noise definitely comes out nice and clear. Think you can hear it three times. Sounds like Santa Claus is coming to town. :(

·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wretched 6.0 said:
Now I hear it, what the hell is that.....

does it matter if the AC is on?
I wouldn't worry about it to much, but I don't know what it is.
I looked inside my mufflers and you're not going to believe this: There are two tiny men sword fighting in there! ;)

I don't recall the AC making a difference, but that's something I'll definitely check again tomorrow morning, since it's getting so late.

·
Registered
144 Posts
that's a little girl ringing the bell on her bicycle as she rides by.
I honeslty wouldn't worry about it unless you notice more of it, or it affects drivability.

·
Registered
155 Posts
my stock exhaust makes some wierd kinda metallic noise as im pulling it, i will have to get a clip and see what you guys think

·
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:gr_jest: Hahaha, you guys have me rollin' on the floor laughin'!

Kyle_LS1 said:
I may be way off here, but is it broken pieces of the cats moving around inside the exhaust? It sounds like it only happens at a couple of low RPMs.
Would there be any negative long term effects with that? The noise doesn't bother me at all, I just want to make sure nothing will eventually break.

Gramps said:
that's a little girl ringing the bell on her bicycle as she rides by.
I honeslty wouldn't worry about it unless you notice more of it, or it affects drivability.
She must be stalking me! I hear her EVERYWHERE! :secret:
I haven't noticed any decrease in power or control.. Everything seems to be working as it should be. At least it gives my Super 40's a more unique tone. Christmas Exhaust! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
One thing to check for Process of elimination would be to stuff something between your heatshield/s and the muffler/s.
The pass. side was the culprit for the buzz noise that occured with my Mag.catback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.