LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Maybe this has been raised before but just in case it hasn't:

The ultimate GTO (really a monaro) so far has the name Holden HRT 427. Try typing holden 427 into google or something.

You'll end up with a 520hp 427 cui light-weight Monaro produced by Holden (Well HRT, Holden Racing Team from 80's fame).
It weighs about 1550Kg and is plently powerful enough.
There are plenty of sites about this one so just look it up.

It also won the Bathurst 24 hour race (the 1st one) so it does work well. They ahd to sell I think 200 to qualify for the race and it cost $220 000 aus (US $158 000) so it wasn't cheap. But it is fast and proven. Beat a modded Evo VI in the wet to win a different race I believe. So it's good.

And if you want to see what a different exhaust will do for a LS1 with around 350hp there are sites from Aus you can see. We do have some damn good custom exhaust shops. And HSV makes a 400hp LS1 and fits it to Monaros currently.

I'd expect your "judge" upcoming car to have a 6.2L or 6.5L engine with 400-450hp. We've had a test 450hp stroked LS1 tested in a few cars down here earlier. It used Ameriacn parts anyway. :eek:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yea, I've been planning of doing something along the lines of a 427 stroker for mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts