LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
......................... ....
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a little over 8 months after installing the Angel eyes, one of my rings decided to crack and stop working. I figured Umnitza would take care of me since the ring did go out on it's own, so I PM'd umnitza-east about it, wasn't going to make it public. But I think the GTO community deserves to know how Umnitza-east deals with their customers. This isn't the first time either that their customer services has been like this, there were other members that had issues with them but unfortunately the issues occured after I already bought the lights.

nixapatfan said:
umnitza-east said:
nixapatfan said:
umnitza-east said:
nixapatfan said:
umnitza-east said:
Hi,

One of my light rings cracked on it's own after about 9 months of use and isn't working anymore. Can you send me a replacement?
hi,
breakage of any kind is not covered by warranty, as a rule ring dont crack on their on without some sort of impact, i have never seen a ring break on its own in the 5 years i've been selling these.

what i will do as a gesture of good will and a one time exception only is sell you one at cost, paypal me $28 to cover the cost of the ring and shipping and handling to [email protected]
thanks.
There was no impact at all. The ring was installed in the headlight housing for over 8 months without any issue and then all of a sudden it just cracked on it's own. It's not like it broke while I was installing it or something. Glass isn't unbreakable or anything, it can break over time. If this is the way you stand behind your product, I'm sorry I ever even considered your product. I even stood up for your product when others were trashing it, guess I have been proven wrong. :(
look, glass does not implode on its own, period.
9 months it was fine then poof it broke, from my experience and COMMON SENSE dictates something happened for it to break, i've sold 1000's of kits and this is the FIRST i EVER heard of a ring imploding on its own.

thank you for defending the product, thank you for all you think you've done, i have offered you a reasonable solution you obviously are choosing to reject, i cant do more than that.

i extended this offer to you as a one time COURTESY as such its good fo a limited time only, think about it and reconsider it, no ONE offers any type of warranty on breakage, NO ONE, physical damage is NEVER covered which your surprise is beyond me, again think about it and let me know, the offer is on the table now, not for ever.
I don't want your "generous offer" at $28 a ring just so it can break again. I'll just remove your product and join the rest of the folks who are bashing it. I really don't appreciate your attitude towards your customers. Thanks for proving that all the hatered out there against you is justified.
my attitude? you may want to reread your posts and comments, go ahead and bash if you feel like it as long as it makes you whole again.

if you expected me to give you stuff for free on the THREATS and insinuation of bashing you were sadly mistaken, i dont play that.

99% of REASONABLE and honest customers are more then giddy with my products and service, guess you will now fall in the 1%, sadly i can live with that.
I am being honest with you. Your product failed on it's own after a little over 8 months of use and you go and accuse me of breaking them instead of working with me to resolve/figure out how the damage occured. It's no wonder why you haven't had one fail in 5 years, you are just too damn quick to blame the other person instead of looking into the fact that maybe your product has a defect. I had no desire to bake my headlights and reopen them just to mess with the rings so I can milk you for free stuff. I have better things to do than to mess with something that isn't broken.

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
Whats his real name?

Cause if its the same rep thats on other message boards, yeah he is "well liked" on the IS300 forums as well

let me tell you

:bs:

Well how associated are they with Umnitza?

Cause yeah, same issue/dif guy seems like

·
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jbss71 said:
:shrug:

your SOL

Yes I realize damage caused by me would/should not be covered, but the thing broke on it's own after many months of use. I have no way to prove it one way or the other so I'm SOL. But at least I can warn others before they take the plunge.

·
Registered Abuser
981 Posts
I've seen issues like these with this guy on this and other forums. Seems like he's a real "winner".

He was awfully quick to go on the defensive, wasn't he? Sounds like he has to do that a lot.

EDIT: He called you a liar too.....can you show us a pic of the defect?

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
it does suck, but 28 bucks isnt too bad to get a replacement. I hear what you're saying and believe me, I feel your pain with bad customer service, but if there was not warranty on breakage of any kind, then I feel this is one you have to eat yourself... buyer beware kinda thing.

Think of it this way, your radio takes a shit in your GTO at 36,001 miles, though there has never been a problem and we all know its the product taking a crap and not user error/abuse... GM is not going to repalce it cause its not "not covered under warranty".... just a thought.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
look, glass does not implode on its own, period.
9 months it was fine then poof it broke, from my experience and COMMON SENSE dictates something happened for it to break, i've sold 1000's of kits and this is the FIRST i EVER heard of a ring imploding on its own.

Nice way to insult the customer.

·
Speed Junkie
1,312 Posts
I was planning on pulling the trigger on the Angel Eyes set from them, having second thoughts now.

·
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blackbat said:
I was planning on pulling the trigger on the Angel Eyes set from them, having second thoughts now.
Don't do it unless you don't mind buying replacement parts under warranty.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I wanted to buy these until I read one of these horror stories awhile back and determined that it wasn't worth it

·
Registered
22 Posts
First of all, and most importantly, how Umnitza East handles their warranty and how Umnitza handles are two different things.

That being said, as the rep for Umnitza we do stand behind the decision by Umnitza East with respect to this decision.

If you spent a full season racing your car like Hayner (see photo below), then perhaps we could envision an issue whereby your product could "spontaneously" break on you.

There are lots of reasons it could happen:
1) The glue you used finally "gave" perhaps it was not the recommended glue and it finally gave way. The glue you used burned up through heat from your headlights and perhaps the ring fell off.

2) The glue you used may have overly hardened (not remaining pliable like a silicon based glue) and cause the mount point to be brittle, thereby introducing an excessive vibration to the ring. We DO have recommended glue that we advise the usage of.

3) You may have been (unknowingly) struck by another car (sometimes these parking lot dings don't actually show a hit on the car at all) and thus the vibration caused it to break.

As a manufacturer of these products we are more than intimately aware of the issues that are caused by these products - they can burn out over time - that's covered - they can simply fail (the ballasts) - they can have problems with the connectors - we fix that as well.

-----
As we've seen a lot of customers and 99% of them are extremely pleased with the products - there is still the 1% that no matter what you do will always be unhappy.

Those are the sort the will attempt to blackmail a company by attacking them and saying that they will create negative publicity if you don't give them what they want. This is a tactic that is frowned upon and will not be tolerated. If this is "shady" as some of the comments are made, then you need to go get a refresher course on blackmail tactics.

Companies are entities that do not get a very good "rap" - always viewed as evil, out to get your money, etc. We're not like that. If a product has a legitimate failure and you do not attempt to black mail and come in with an attitude like that shown above, then you are handled quickly and appropriately.

·
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Umnitza please go read the 1st post and all the PM's carefully and tell me where I was trying to blackmail you. Ouri started the finger pointing instead of working with me to find the cause of the problem. I was very happy with your product until I had to deal with your customer service.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think it is you that doesn't get it and it will be my personal last post on this matter.

YOU need to work it out with Ouri and that's it. You claiming you're going to go on the forums and "bash" is black mail. If you can't understand that, then you really need to understand what it means for politics of destruction.

·
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
umnitza said:
I think it is you that doesn't get it and it will be my personal last post on this matter.

YOU need to work it out with Ouri and that's it. You claiming you're going to go on the forums and "bash" is black mail. If you can't understand that, then you really need to understand what it means for politics of destruction.

Again please go read the PM's in chronological order and see who stepped out of line first. BTW it wasn't me.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
wow what a dick

edit: nic - obviously not you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.