LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GTONEWB
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first time at the track and I pull a 15.2 because I can't drive stock for $#!* and the wheel hop was unbelieveable :barf: . Not to mention I had my work shoes on and not my nice comfy sneakers. Yesterday I went to ATCO prepared though. I got there around 1:30 and waited for time trials for about 2 1/2 hours before I got my one and only run in. I had the worst headache from waiting in the lanes pissed that it took so long to get 1 run. 27 dollars , go figure! However, the better part of the day was when I revved the engine up to about 2500rpm and took off on that third yellow and got a .363 for R/T . I couldn't even get a decent burnout because the car just wanted to fishtail out of control, it's probably cause I just don't know how to do it well yet. Anyways... I power shifted at 6000 RPM into 2nd and half clutched it into 3rd and 4th. I think I did pretty decent. Take a look for yourself... oh and I have video of this, so when I have time i'll post it.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/xavier6271/timerun1.JPG

GTONEWB
IBM M6

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
nice time! And that was WITH wheelhop/fishtailing?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those are some nice times for a stock car. Now on thursday we both will have toget them down in the 15.5 or lower range and I will be happy for a stock car. :)

·
GTONEWB
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RedThunder said:
nice time! And that was WITH wheelhop/fishtailing?

That was without the wheelhop or fishtailing. Come to think of it.. i haven't hand any real wheel hop when my pressure is lowered in the tires. The "thunk in the trunk" fix actually eliminated it. Thanks for pointing that out to me Jesse. Yes thursday is going to be a good day. I found out the gates open at 4:30. So we me and you at least can head down at 3:00pm if you want.. Maybe hang out in the morning and talk cars and grab some lunch. If anyone else wants to come down please do. Spread the word, I'd like to see a lot of us down there. :)

GTONEWB
IBM M6

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok guys..I need some help.. ran my car at E-town last Wed only got one run but when i compare my numbers to others..they look off..
here are the times..let me know if they look ok to the rest of you..
BTW, car is completely stock (M6).. eased the clutch out at @ 2k..

60' 2.18
330 60.8
1/8 9.28
MPH 77.59
1000 12.00
1/4 14.29 @ 98.56

Planning on going back to E-town on friday the 22nd .. Does anyone plan on going ??

·
GTOless
7,061 Posts
I dont have a GTO but on Saturday the 23rd its the GM EFI race series. The Impala car club i belong to is going to be there but me and my dad will probably be in his Silverado SS. Im going to also make this a seperate post for people to see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts