LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to go with a new cam and was told to go ahead and get a underdrive pulley since its gonna have to come off anyways, so i was wonder which underdrive pulley should i go with? Which one is best?

·
Southside Tuner
647 Posts
I like the new SLP pulley, Its a one piece design and has extra tall belt retention walls, a deffinent step up, and the price isnt bad either

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
I like the SLP because of the higher retention walls. No problems here so far.

·
Baby Elvis FTW!
736 Posts
A few guys have had problems throwing belts with the ASP pulley. I chose the SLP because of the higher retention walls also.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that run the ASP with no problems though.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have the SLP pulley and went with it because it is keyed. So, if you have an aftermarket crankshaft that is keyed there is a firm connection in the event you go with forced induction.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
I have the SLP one. Order it from Tom Byrne's (TBYRNE sponsor on the left) it's a little extra but comes with the 2 extra belts that you need.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
You won't go wrong with either brand. SLP has the crank pulley by itself. ASP also offers that along with a crank/alternator pulley package. As City Goat mentioned, the packages that we sell also include the required belts and bolt.

·
Black is Beautiful!
282 Posts
tbyrne said:
You won't go wrong with either brand. SLP has the crank pulley by itself. ASP also offers that along with a crank/alternator pulley package. As City Goat mentioned, the packages that we sell also include the required belts and bolt.
Hey Tom,

What kind of belts come with your pulley packages? I need to order these soon, and I was just wondering. Thanks in advance.

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
I am running the SLP, no problems at all. Got it from T-byrne as a package with the bolt and belts. Im happy with it, no more power steering whine and the hp/tq gains were a plus, Thanks Tom!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts