LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figure I would post what the outcome of the UPP kit is currently. I originally sold my TVS1900 kit 3 years ago but lagged on installing the UPP kit. Well she is done and hopefully the engine holds up for a little while. I will list the basics below.

• Standard UPP 2006 TT kit with all hot side ceramic coated.
• Holley Dominator 12-1800 fuel pump in spare tire well.
• ID1000 injectors.
• 3” catback – Custom done locally.
• Brian Tooley stage 2 twin turbo cam and springs.
• Flex fuel conversion – Tuned on 12lbs and E85 – She put down 660 rwhp. Do not have the dyno graph but will get one next time I go to the tuners shop.
• Engine is still stock with 44K miles on the clock.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Congratulations on getting it back together. It looks great.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update, retuned on 14lbs but injectors were maxing out. But broke the 700whp mark on a stock bottom end. Track times to follow.

·
LS9 FTW
310 Posts
What boost controller are you running and how did you plumb it? Looks like a single 3 port solenoid?

You don’t have a return style fuel system with a regulator, correct?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it
What boost controller are you running and how did you plumb it? Looks like a single 3 port solenoid?

You don’t have a return style fuel system with a regulator, correct?
It is a return system, we are using the stock feed as the return line. Had to rebuild the holley pumps recently since I let it sit for a while with e85. Pumps froze so lesson learned.

·
LS9 FTW
310 Posts
Yes it

It is a return system, we are using the stock feed as the return line. Had to rebuild the holley pumps recently since I let it sit for a while with e85. Pumps froze so lesson learned.
Gotcha, didn't see an adjustable fuel pressure regulator anywhere under the hood.

Any word on the boost controller?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it

Using a AEM tru boost controller. Waste gate 8lbs, then 12lbs on setting A and 14lbs on setting B. I run 100% E85 since it is pretty easy to find near me.

I did have to send the pumps to Holley to get rebuild since I let the car sit and they froze.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FPR is here so it is hard to notice.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Beautiful setup and great results. Hopefully this will give me some motivation to get my fuel system that I have on a shelf for three years installed so I can run E85 and turn up the boost on mine.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No heat issues so far with the pcm still on the fender?
Looks great and nice numbers!
Not yet, planning on moving it inside when I have some time.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beautiful setup and great results. Hopefully this will give me some motivation to get my fuel system that I have on a shelf for three years installed so I can run E85 and turn up the boost on mine.
You may easily pick up at least 100rwhp if you crank the boost up. You may need to go larger on your injectors though. I may be selling my ID1000's since they maxed out and we could not crank the boost up anymore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts