LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Because why not?
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Thought you all Down Under may get a kick out of this. It turns out there is someone in the state importing Holden utes and wagons and converting them to LHD and reselling them here, and he does a pretty good job. A very select few over here get to enjoy the cars that you all enjoy. Let me know if I got any of my info wrong! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
very cool, I'm at work so I didnt listen to the video but how much do these run? Id assume they are upwards of 50k?

·
Registered
143 Posts
They have a 2003 for 33k and a 2010 for 85k. In other words too much. But they do it right. Some people get a rear ended go or g8 and put a ute rear on since it's easier to get the parts than a whole car from down under. They actually import the whole car and modify it to U.S. standards. We could have so many awesome cars here if it weren't for such laws.

·
Registered
131 Posts
They have a 2003 for 33k and a 2010 for 85k. In other words too much. .
People value things differently, I wouldn't necessarily its too much if they are selling them. Although theyre in a different league of desire, the older r33 and r34 skylines experience the same.

·
Yes my name is Holden
428 Posts
WoW, Thanks a $100,000

Greetings Josh & all; WOW, Thank You, thank you. Next time I'm out West, I'll be a stop'in by. I want a wagon! I better by a loto ticket. Take care Josh, I'll be follow'in, Bob Jr.
Ps: Can you post his info in the text area for us computer challenged people?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

·
pea on mea
4,016 Posts
the builder brought a red g8/ute down to an austin car show
a few years back. it was done perfectly, and was absolutely
beautiful. they do great work. a bit pricey, but hey.. its
specialty.

·
Because why not?
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in Austin when Randy brought that Ute to the V8 Supercar race. That's when I met him and decided I had to see that shop someday.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,494 Posts
Very cool episode and video. I would only replace my GTO with a Ute. lol

·
SSgt @ USAF Hunger Games2K14
6,378 Posts
They have a 2003 for 33k and a 2010 for 85k. In other words too much. But they do it right. Some people get a rear ended go or g8 and put a ute rear on since it's easier to get the parts than a whole car from down under. They actually import the whole car and modify it to U.S. standards. We could have so many awesome cars here if it weren't for such laws.
Yeap, it is so stupid what they do to the cars shipped over that are not 25 years old :(

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I want one so bad!!!

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,494 Posts
Yeap, it is so stupid what they do to the cars shipped over that are not 25 years old :(
You can thank Mercedes for that law.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts