LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what any of you local guys have down there and if you could possibly give me some ideas on what to do down there for 10 days. Looking for anything fun, exciting etc etc to do

We have 6 people and a house 10 minutes from the beach so that is taken care of.

Ideas so far are:

Laser Tag
Mini Golf
Arcade
Boardwalk
Bars
Clubs
Movies
Tours/Hill Climbs
Would love to go Ocean Fishing and just go on a boat rental for a day or something

Let me know

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
575 Posts
I'm not very close to that area, but if you like Navy ships there are some that you can take a tour, such as the battleship USS Wisconsin.

Greg

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not very close to that area, but if you like Navy ships there are some that you can take a tour, such as the battleship USS Wisconsin.

Greg
Def. sounds interesting, I'll look that up thanks

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
They have a big go kart, and putt putt golf park of off General Booth Blvd. There is also the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science center as You go over Rudy's Inlet at the end of Virginia Beach on General Booth Blvd.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Check out Reaver Beach Brewing and Young Veterans Brewing...They're within 10-15 mins of the beach and only a block away from one another.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have a big go kart, and putt putt golf park of off General Booth Blvd. There is also the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science center as You go over Rudy's Inlet at the end of Virginia Beach on General Booth Blvd.
We just added that to the list. Looking forward to doing those. I think I read online that they have like 10 courses or something?

Check out Reaver Beach Brewing and Young Veterans Brewing...They're within 10-15 mins of the beach and only a block away from one another.
Added this to the list as well, couple of my buddies are drinkers so I'm sure we'll love that

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time is getting closer! Anything else you guys can come up with would be great!

Any specific place to see a nice sunrise / sunset?

Post it up

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you play golf? Virginia Beach has a bunch of affordable courses. If you are military, you can play on the MWR courses on Oceana or Little Creek.

·
Registered
317 Posts

Greg
The Wisconsin is part of Nauticus in down town Norfolk. Nauticus is a "Nautical" themed museum. It is not located too far from the Norfolk Navy base.

Navy Base Tours - have you ever been up close to an aircraft carrier?

MAY 18 - SEP 20, 2015
Nine tours daily: Tours will depart at 10:00am; 10:30; 11:00am; 11:30am; 12 noon; 12:30; 1:00pm; 1:30pm; and 2:00pm.

The 45-minute tour is conducted by Naval personnel. Visitors will have an opportunity to see aircraft carriers, destroyers, frigates, amphibious assault ships and one of the busiest airfields in the country. The tour also features historic homes from the 1907 Jamestown Exposition. The cost is $10 for adults and $5.00 for children 3-11 and senior citizens over the age of 60. CASH ONLY! Active duty military free. Picture ID is required for all adults.

The tours depart from the Naval Tour and Information Center located at 9079 Hampton Blvd. Norfolk, Virginia 23505, next to gate 5.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The Norfolk Botanical Gardens - http://norfolkbotanicalgarden.org

Someone already mentioned the Virginia Aquarium - virginiaaquarium.com. If you are 10 minutes from the beach in Virginia Beach, you will not be too far from the Aquarium. Great place to visit on a rainy day. Of course everyone else vacationing in Virginia Beach will be there on a rainy day.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kayaking around Back Bay or out in the surf. Here are some outfitters with tours:

http://www.visitvirginiabeach.com/visitors/articles/find_an_outfitter.aspx
The Wisconsin is part of Nauticus in down town Norfolk. Nauticus is a "Nautical" themed museum. It is not located too far from the Norfolk Navy base.

Navy Base Tours - have you ever been up close to an aircraft carrier?

MAY 18 - SEP 20, 2015
Nine tours daily: Tours will depart at 10:00am; 10:30; 11:00am; 11:30am; 12 noon; 12:30; 1:00pm; 1:30pm; and 2:00pm.

The 45-minute tour is conducted by Naval personnel. Visitors will have an opportunity to see aircraft carriers, destroyers, frigates, amphibious assault ships and one of the busiest airfields in the country. The tour also features historic homes from the 1907 Jamestown Exposition. The cost is $10 for adults and $5.00 for children 3-11 and senior citizens over the age of 60. CASH ONLY! Active duty military free. Picture ID is required for all adults.

The tours depart from the Naval Tour and Information Center located at 9079 Hampton Blvd. Norfolk, Virginia 23505, next to gate 5.
Do you play golf? Virginia Beach has a bunch of affordable courses. If you are military, you can play on the MWR courses on Oceana or Little Creek.

Kayaking sounds pretty fun and I haven't done that in a while. I used to golf but never really got too interested in it. They Navy Base tours sound really fun to me and I've always wanted to see what all those things looked like up close etc. Going to add that to the list

·
Registered
317 Posts
Time is getting closer! Anything else you guys can come up with would be great!

Any specific place to see a nice sunrise / sunset?

Post it up
Any beach on the Atlantic will have nice sunrises. Back Bay might have nice sunsets - I have visited Back Bay a lot, just not at sunset.

·
Registered
317 Posts
First Landing State Park - http://first-landing-state-park.org.

Located just inside the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia Beach the park has a lot to offer from beaches to trails. I used to Mountain Bike through the trails with my family. You can hike or ride the trails.

Virginia Beach has a bunch of parks - www.vbgov.com/parks. One of my favorite is Munden Point Park. It is located on the inter-coastal water way, so you can launch kayaks. It is also located in a remote area of VA Beach and not too busy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts