LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will admit, I messed up. I received my FAST102 and installed it using a guide online. The small vacuum port on the rear of the manifold was broken off fairly flush with the manifold and the install guide I used for a corvette stated to put a screw and RTV in that port. I realized last week that I could not select my HVAC vent positions and traced it to the one vacuum line that should be connected to the rear of the manifold. I am now trying to determine my options for fixing this. I either have to remove the manifold (fuel rails, etc: lots of work), adapt some sort of barbed fitting to the spot and attach there, or tap into a different location/vacuum line. I am slowly becoming more familiar with the vacuum system as I have been tracking this, but I am not sure where would be a good line to tap into. I would like to avoid running a line from the firewall all the way to the front of the manifold.

Please let me know thoughts and if anyone else has run into something similar.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Shouldnt take you more than 15 min to pull the intake off. Then just get a brass fitting. The small nipple on mine broke too and I put a brass fitting in there n its perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts