LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just wanted to post pics to confirm if anyone is curious because there is confusion as to what years or hood or radiator and maf works with the vcm intake. The stock 04 maf is big so it requires 2, 3.5 to 4in couplers to be trimmed. I have aluminum radiator that needed the rubber doughnuts removed. And it will clear the hood scoops so it even fits on 05 06 models. I also had to extend the maf wires and iat wires.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Light

· Registered
140 Posts
My car came with a KN CAI, should I switch to the OTR style?
I have the KN myself and I am not a fan. You can go with the OTR style like VCM or X-Air to get maximum horsepower, but you might have to trim some stuff including radiator donuts and fan shroud. Also not a fan of how it looks under the engine bay, unless you spend big bucks at Bohnman custom to get a nice custom radiator cover (you will have to drile a hole for the 05-06 for the windshield washer reservoir).

If you want to keep it simple, I would look into the Cold Air Inductions system that comes in an enclosed box and seems to be of great quality. That is the route I am personally going with since I won't be going for the fastest quarter mile time. You can even do an IAT relocation on top of that.

· GR-RRR!
14,218 Posts
I have the KN myself and I am not a fan. You can go with the OTR style like VCM or X-Air to get maximum horsepower, but you might have to trim some stuff including radiator donuts and fan shroud. Also not a fan of how it looks under the engine bay, unless you spend big bucks at Bohnman custom to get a nice custom radiator cover (you will have to drile a hole for the 05-06 for the windshield washer reservoir).

If you want to keep it simple, I would look into the Cold Air Inductions system that comes in an enclosed box and seems to be of great quality. That is the route I am personally going with since I won't be going for the fastest quarter mile time. You can even do an IAT relocation on top of that.
You can go the DuSpeed route which gets you an OTR intake and a radiator cover in one shot.

However, I do disagree with your statement that you have to buy a custom made radiator cover in order to have a VCM or X-Air look nice. I trimmed up a stock cover myself and I think it looks as good as any I could have bought. I had also trimmed up a stock cover when I had a Vararam on the 06 and it looked pretty nice too.

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille

· Worthless reject member
84,741 Posts

cold air inductions makes a quality peice.

· GR-RRR!
14,218 Posts
cold air inductions makes a quality peice.
Lingenfelter used to too but I don't think they are available any longer.

Edit I guess they still have the 05/06 version available. They discontinued it for a while, maybe because of supply chain issues?

· Worthless reject member
84,741 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: LS2-GTO
1 - 10 of 10 Posts