LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· GR-RRR!
14,218 Posts
I have the KN myself and I am not a fan. You can go with the OTR style like VCM or X-Air to get maximum horsepower, but you might have to trim some stuff including radiator donuts and fan shroud. Also not a fan of how it looks under the engine bay, unless you spend big bucks at Bohnman custom to get a nice custom radiator cover (you will have to drile a hole for the 05-06 for the windshield washer reservoir).

If you want to keep it simple, I would look into the Cold Air Inductions system that comes in an enclosed box and seems to be of great quality. That is the route I am personally going with since I won't be going for the fastest quarter mile time. You can even do an IAT relocation on top of that.
You can go the DuSpeed route which gets you an OTR intake and a radiator cover in one shot.

However, I do disagree with your statement that you have to buy a custom made radiator cover in order to have a VCM or X-Air look nice. I trimmed up a stock cover myself and I think it looks as good as any I could have bought. I had also trimmed up a stock cover when I had a Vararam on the 06 and it looked pretty nice too.

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille

· GR-RRR!
14,218 Posts
cold air inductions makes a quality peice.
Lingenfelter used to too but I don't think they are available any longer.

Edit I guess they still have the 05/06 version available. They discontinued it for a while, maybe because of supply chain issues?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts