LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ex SHO owner
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attending the 2006 Mercury World Convention at the Bellagio in October (8 - 12). Any ideas of things to do while I am there in the evenings? I've never been to Las Vegas. I am excited to see it.

·
Part of the Raider Nation
261 Posts
I am not a Vegas resident, but no trip to Vegas is complete without visiting one of it's fine stripping establishments. Saphires is my favorite.

·
1,086 Posts
Vegas having lots to do is actually an urban legend. All we have is desert and Joshua trees around here. :wall:

·
Ex SHO owner
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nitrogirl said:
Vegas having lots to do is actually an urban legend. All we have is desert and Joshua trees around here. :wall:
LOL...I wonder if Joshua trees will survive a Michigan winter.

I guess I'll resort to the $2.50 tours. At least I'll get to see Bugy's burial site. Right? I'm mean what trip to Vegas wouldn't be complete without that?

·
Oxford White Sheep Squadron
11,345 Posts
If you like to play cards I would check out the Orleans... its my favorite place to play for 21 and they comp you smokes at the tables too!!! :ftw:

·
1,086 Posts
It depends on what you like to do... there is probably something for everyone.
I would recommend dinner at Smith & Wollensky's (best steaks ever!), which is near the MGM Grand. Clubbing at Bellagio is fun, as is Tangerine at Treasure Island. Weather should be nice for you; probably low 80s or so, so you can go out to Hoover Dam if you have a rental car. Let me know if I can help you out.
As far as Joshua trees go, I don't think they would survive a day in Michigan! Ugly little buggers they are, why would you want one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
First and foremost, don't go to Seamless. It sucks. Stick to Rhino or Treasures, both are very nice establishments. Next, nightclubs. Ghost Bar at the Palms is cool, it's on the roof. Playboy Club is opening in Oct., not sure on the date though. Tangerine is cool but small, Tryst is big but expensive, Rum Jungle is pretty cool, nitro made a good call on Bellagio clubs, Tao is good if you like asain chicks, OPM is good on Wednesday nights if you like latin chicks, oh yeah, make sure you check out the Ferarri dealership at Wynn and the Auto Museum at Imperial Palace.

·
Ex SHO owner
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vegas Goat Boy said:
make sure you check out the Ferarri dealership at Wynn and the Auto Museum at Imperial Palace.
Now we are talking. How far is that from the Palms? I'm staying at the Palms and going to the Bellagio for the events.

·
1,086 Posts
Aspect said:
Now we are talking. How far is that from the Palms? I'm staying at the Palms and going to the Bellagio for the events.
It's at the Wynn Resort, right across the street from where I work! Bellagio is probably a mile away on the Strip, and the Palms is probably 3 miles from it. There is a $10 fee to get in to look, but from what I've heard, it's pretty cool.

·
That ain't no cake
2,665 Posts
nitrogirl said:
It depends on what you like to do... there is probably something for everyone.
I would recommend dinner at Smith & Wollensky's (best steaks ever!), which is near the MGM Grand. Clubbing at Bellagio is fun, as is Tangerine at Treasure Island. Weather should be nice for you; probably low 80s or so, so you can go out to Hoover Dam if you have a rental car. Let me know if I can help you out.
As far as Joshua trees go, I don't think they would survive a day in Michigan! Ugly little buggers they are, why would you want one?
They actually do survive the Michigan winter, I brought the seeds home about 20 years ago and my mother started a couple from seed and they are still going. Another friend did the same thing in Pensylvania, go figure. I guess my mother has a green thumb.

·
Registered
764 Posts
If cars are your fancy, Caesars Forum Shops have the Exotic Car Dealership and the Imperial Palace has the Auto Museum and the Sahara has a lot of Nascar stuff. The strip clubs near the strip have pretty much turned into expensive clubs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts