LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've Just installed the Eclipse AVN 6600 with the Ipod controller (sweet) and can't locate the VSS Wire. I've seen the posts that show the 7283 plug located above the Drivers Kick panel however: A. there was no purple/White wire B. there was no pin/wire located in position 3.
Has anybody found another easy to use VSS wire? Or Know how I can track one down? :confused:

·
Registered
871 Posts
the wire is there in my 04 M6, check out this diagram I made when I installed the AVN5435:

The only thing I can think of is that they changed in 05? Or maybe if you have an auto its in a different place?

Sorry I can't be of more help, maybe the dealer is worth a shot, thats where I got the schematics for this

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MarylandSpeed said:
It is a pink wire in the harnass. I picked it up behind the speedo.
There is a pink Wire that is located at pin # 13. Is this the pink wire you're referring to?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can tap the VSS signal off of the connector to the instrument cluster. It is pin 26, the Purple/White wire. This is for MY05, I don't know if this holds true for other model years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
monster5601 said:
You can tap the VSS signal off of the connector to the instrument cluster. It is pin 26, the Purple/White wire. This is for MY05, I don't know if this holds true for other model years.

From the instrument cluster where does this wire go? Do I need to dis-assemble the dash to get to it?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts

Here's the same for the 05.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found the wire behind the cluster and snaked a wire through. That completes my installation. Thanks guys for all your help...:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts