LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

I am currently having a very tough time with the dealer through whom I placed my order ($500 down) back on 5/31/2003. I ordered the vehicle with a contracted price of MSRP. The vehicle arrived last week and the ownership announced they would not honor the contract, they insist that I must pay $2000 over MSRP or not take ownership of the vehicle. I am very angry about this situation as my vehicle is sitting on the showroom floor.

I have notified Pontiac consumer affairs office and they are trying to mediate but the dealer (owner) will not respond to their calls. Things are really getting ugly and we will likely end up in court before all is said and done.

After all we have been through with Pontiac and their delays and lack of info, now I have to deal with this as well

Extremely dissapointed

Red/Red A4
GJRBWB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cjlannoy said:
Where are you located, red/red a4 will be available here at msrp if not here already.
The dealership is in Gaithersburg, MD. I appreciate the offer but I want the vehicle GM built for me if it is at all possible. I have been waiting for this vehicle for more than 8 months. This is absolutely unbelievable!!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Sounds like you have a valid contract. The dealer will end up having to pay lawyer fees and court costs when he loses on top of penalities etc. Plus give you your car at MSRP. He obviously is not a great business man.
:drink: :drink:

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
Contact the Better Business Bureau in you area and tell them your situation they should be able to help you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tails said:
Sounds like you have a valid contract. The dealer will end up having to pay lawyer fees and court costs when he loses on top of penalities etc. Plus give you your car at MSRP. He obviously is not a great business man.
Thanks for your support Tails. It really is amazing because my salesman is backing me and not the dealership. The owner is taking this stand on his own. I have been on the phone with Pontiac consumer affairs all day, they try to call him and get the run around, in a meeting, at lunch, etc...

Do you know if any support is available in Pontiac upper management?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hope the contract you signed does state the MSRP for the selling price. Make sure the contract does not have any other handwritten exceptions. If not and the dealer accepted your deposit you have a legal contract. Do you have a local news station in your area that would look into this for you? The bad publicity could put this guy out of business. Send him a letter demanding delivery of your car and make him respond to your letter. If he doesnt, look into small claims court if damages are less than $5000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey i'm MrGTO's salesman. Yea what happened is BS! I told the owner that I and the other manager told him MSRP. So I donno who the owner talked to but some lady from Pontiac called me today about it so i'm sure she talked to him as well. Sucked this had to happen but the owner finaly decided that he would let it go for MSRP. :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Scud-Z28 said:
Hey i'm MrGTO's salesman. Yea what happened is BS! I told the owner that I and the other manager told him MSRP. So I donno who the owner talked to but some lady from Pontiac called me today about it so i'm sure she talked to him as well. Sucked this had to happen but the owner finaly decided that he would let it go for MSRP. :rolleyes: :)

Glad to hear he finally did the right thing. :slap: Hope to hear soon of a happy new owner and get to see pics. :D Am looking forward to get some other Mid Atlantic GTO's together soon for a group shot. Hope MrGTO can join ( course we all need to get our cars first) :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Scud-Z28 said:
Thanks for taking care of our MrGTO!!!

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Glad to hear he got it for MSRP. As much as I love the GTO, I wouldn't pay a penny over MSRP for it. That's the whole point of MSRP, to sell the car at. If someone is willing to pay more than that for a vehicle, then that person got screwed.

There are still plenty of GTO's laying in showrooms across the country right now and I could find one for MSRP for the extra 2 grand. I could go and get one, but I'm waiting for mine to come in, plus the weather sucks here (just got 5 more inches of white crap)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I can't work for a company, an owner, a president or a COO that doesn't have integrity. Sorry, but I'd have to go. Not directing this at anyone in particular just voicing my opinion. The GTO's potential profit has the ability to bring out the worst in a dealer. The only thing standing between that and doing the right thing is integrity. Future and current buyers, please remember to vote with your dollar on your next purchase. The Pontiac dealers that gouge on this car MUST reap what they have sewn.

·
Registered
524 Posts
cvp33 said:
I can't work for a company, an owner, a president or a COO that doesn't have integrity. Sorry, but I'd have to go. Not directing this at anyone in particular just voicing my opinion. The GTO's potential profit has the ability to bring out the worst in a dealer. The only thing standing between that and doing the right thing is integrity. Future and current buyers, please remember to vote with your dollar on your next purchase. The Pontiac dealers that gouge on this car MUST reap what they have sewn.

Hear, hear!!!

Having ordered in early June I have been waiting as long as most. Haven't really had the MSRP conversation with my dealer yet. The ex service manager is a patient of mine and has put in a good word, I think. Am prepared, but not happy, to consider walking if he tries to screw me. Will say, that if I roll over when the car is in my view, it will be the last time they see me though.

·
Deon Ramlal
1 Posts
mrgto68 said:
All:

I am currently having a very tough time with the dealer through whom I placed my order ($500 down) back on 5/31/2003. I ordered the vehicle with a contracted price of MSRP. The vehicle arrived last week and the ownership announced they would not honor the contract, they insist that I must pay $2000 over MSRP or not take ownership of the vehicle. I am very angry about this situation as my vehicle is sitting on the showroom floor.

I have notified Pontiac consumer affairs office and they are trying to mediate but the dealer (owner) will not respond to their calls. Things are really getting ugly and we will likely end up in court before all is said and done.

After all we have been through with Pontiac and their delays and lack of info, now I have to deal with this as well

Extremely dissapointed

Red/Red A4
GJRBWB
We have 37 in transit with 2 on the ground now. PM me if you would like more details about your interests in colors and trans. choice.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
edge929 said:
There are still plenty of GTO's laying in showrooms across the country right now and I could find one for MSRP for the extra 2 grand. I could go and get one, but I'm waiting for mine to come in, plus the weather sucks here (just got 5 more inches of white crap)
There are none in any showroom up here in the Northwest. Well One purple one that is going for over $44,000 because they say only 14 purples were ever ordered and they are very rare. uh huh?

·
Registered
386 Posts
edge929 said:
Glad to hear he got it for MSRP. As much as I love the GTO, I wouldn't pay a penny over MSRP for it. That's the whole point of MSRP, to sell the car at. If someone is willing to pay more than that for a vehicle, then that person got screwed.

Hey Edge you never mailed me for your ride. We would have to mount some skis on it now!! Stays clean in the garage I guess! Holler at me when it clears up or if you get yours. Is mdgto still around?

·
-Tom Capozzi- Spitzer Pontiac GMC
263 Posts
Those of you who have had unpleasant experiences with your dealer should make note of it when you get your survey from GM.But if you're salesman or dealer has been pleasnt to deal with make sure that you note it on your survey by filling it out completely satisfied,They will appreciate it.On the other hand for your dealer to jack the price up when the car came in,I would grade the survey completely dissatisfied on everything except for your salesman and give him completely satisfied.It sounds like he did a good job

1 - 20 of 25 Posts