·
The Great One
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,594 Posts
SWEET Shant! Well done, man.
Ok, I'll be payin' Pete a visit soon... clearly he worked magic on your car!

I was there last Fri too, and managed a 13.21 @ 106.9 -- which I was thrilled with. (street tires and all)
Pete said I should get in the mid-12's with his tune, some exhaust work and a solid 60'. Oh yeah, I'm there.

·
The Great One
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
MIAGTO said:
SWEET Shant! Well done, man.
Ok, I'll be payin' Pete a visit soon... clearly he worked magic on your car!

I was there last Fri too, and managed a 13.21 @ 106.9 -- which I was thrilled with.
Pete said I can should get in the mid-12's with just his tune, some exhaust work and a solid 60'. Oh yeah, I'm there.

thanks man and plus [email protected] is really moving considering your not on drag radials thats sweet

yeah pete is the man i have told everyone around mass with a GTO about him he is really good one thing i like about him that most dyno shops i have been to around here dont do is Pete will actually have you right next to the car give you a base run and then work his magic explain to you what he is doing every step of the way run a nice safe tune and send you on your way home and thats just great i mean i have had some really bad experiences at other dyno shops such as me dropping my car off not seeing whats going on and then driving home with a dyno sheet thinking thats what my car is making but as soon as i go back for another dyno run the car is not making the power i was told i was making or the engine is knocking so im glad i met pete cause i wont be experiencing that anymore

plus i mean the car has alot of potential with that speed congrats let me know how it works out

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Nice run man. What have you done to the car?

·
The Great One
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black Devil said:
Nice run man. What have you done to the car?

i had it posted about a week ago

mid pipes, catback, pulley, tune, drag radials, TCM, gutted interior, drop in filter, t stat, maf descreen, skinnies in the front

and tahts abotu all i can think of off the top of my head

its a 2005 A4 stock converter stock head cam gears

the engine is completly stock other then a tune
:gears: :gears: :gears:

·
I hate you
368 Posts
Nice vid dude. Glad I finally can see you run!!

·
You build it, I break it!
4,621 Posts
Hey Shant sweet video, glad i got to see that run in person too. Shoot me a pm with all the details for Oct. 20th. I can get that day off from work no problem so i am thinking of making the trip if there are still some slots open for the track rental. Let me know man.

Anthony

·
The Great One
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TURBO-GTO said:
Is that right.:gears:

is that right

tonight with a little help from all the boys

spray head, bobby rollbar, disco visco, and googly eyes im shooting for 12.0's

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,594 Posts
giddy up.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Throw a converter in it and you are 11s no problem! Good job!

·
The Great One
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doc GTO said:
Throw a converter in it and you are 11s no problem! Good job!

thanks i would love to put a converter in the car but i dont have the money for it maybe over the winter with christmas and tax returns i will do a converter and 3.90's the car would love that

·
I hate you
368 Posts
SHANTS GOAT said:
thanks i would love to put a converter in the car but i dont have the money for it maybe over the winter with christmas and tax returns i will do a converter and 3.90's the car would love that
Damn dude...I'm going to have to catch up even more! :gears:

·
The Great One
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont want to sound unrealstic but im trying to hit the 11.999 tonight without any engine work at all stock gears, headers, stock intake and intake manifold, stock converter just mid pipes, cat back, tune, pulley TCM, and a $hit load of weight reduction i know for a fact tonight it will go 12.0 i just hope it has enough to go 11.999 that would make my season

·
The Great One
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok well i just ran it last night the car went [email protected] its got a little more left in it i will hit the 12.0 but the 11.99 that i wanted to hit just seems near impossible now but im not gonna stop trying i have till october 31st we will see what happens

·
You build it, I break it!
4,621 Posts
Nice run Shant. I am gonne be in for the 20th track rental, i just put in for the day off of work, so now i gotta figure out what i wanna do to mine before i get it there haha. See ya at the track man.

·
The Great One
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dude buy a set of skinnies and tires the cheapest ones you can find just make sure they fit and gut the crap out of the car and watch it go im telling you i went from a 12.555 to now a 12.169 and its all with weight reduction havent done a thing to the car since then

·
7,835 Posts
I take it by the one headlight wonder you were running a stanger? Nice run.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
If you could get your 60' down to 1.7, youd see 11's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
SHANTS GOAT= Have you tried running it with no belt? Every car I have owned has picked up at least 1 to 2 tenths and 1 to 3 MPH. Well eccept my 03 cobra.:)

Take the belt off in the lanes and dont let it run in between moving up in the lanes. Dont start it untill you'r ready to do your burnout. As soon as you hit the gas you will feel the difference. I would put money on it that this will put you in the 11s. i have done this since the 80s and have never had a car get to hot just make sure you shut it off right away and put the belt back on for the drive back to the pits. I have about 800 passes at NED and probably half of them are street cars without the belt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts