Registered
3,255 Posts
:bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub

·
Registered
50 Posts
speed_demon_fre said:
LOL thanks alot.
The car is still new and I was in a garage.
I can only film 15 sec of video.
Just giving you a hard time. :) I thought the video was cool and your car sounds great. Keep the videos coming!!! Can't wait to get mine and rev her easy too! :cool:

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Thanks for posting!!!......although I have to admit it sounded pretty tame like most production cars.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Still sounds better stock then my Camaro did. :D

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Much appreciated for putting the video on the website. I know the video is taken from inside the car, but the exhaust sounds tame compared to the sound bytes on the Pontiac website.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
You know - one of the things that was mentioned at the SAE show I went to a while back was that the exhaust JUST meets the federal sound limit - by like 1 decibel or something. I know we all want monstrous exhaust sound, but according to what they said, they really can't legally sell anything louder. Also, that means technically any mod's to make it louder will make the car technically illegal.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
You are 100% correct. Technically you are breaking the law by replacing it by anything other than a factory replacement.

However, once an aftermarket system is put on (which is louder) it's up to the local ordinances as to noise pollution and their enforcement.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
My neighboer's kid has just moded his Honda by putting on one of those fart cans. It is loud and obnoxius. I get along with him but I don't get along with his parents. It will be interesting how the the noise thing works out. I totally expect his parents to complain about my GTO.....
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love it. It made me smile just to hear that sound and watch the display change. I just hope we don't have a psychiatrist logged in at this site, because I'm sure there is a clinical name for our preoccupation with this stuff. Please keep the videos coming. :bubbrub :bubbrub :)

speed_demon_fre said:
Here is a video of me starting my car.

5.4 mb 15 sec long

Right click-save as

http://home.comcast.net/~richie101/MOV00064.MPG

This is a video of the T/C in the DIC.

5.2mb
right click - save as

http://home.comcast.net/~richie101/MOV00052.MPG

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its hard to make the videos. I can only record for 15 seconds and then I have to host the video. I dont know if the website i'm using will allow such large videos.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
guys, dont forget in the video that he only reved to 2k or so RPMs. This thing is LOUD if you have the hood up and put the pedal to the floor. If you are inside and the hood is down then it is really loud too. There is a nice rumble at idle but if you rev all the way it is awesome.

I hope I didnt hurt it by doing that but oh well...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm impressed with how these cars can be quiet at idle and yet bellowing at full throttle. The Corvette seems to be the same way.

What's great about that is that you get a nice meaty sound, but you can take a freeway cruise without going deaf. Whichever car I buy (GTO or '05 Mustang), I want it to be able to do both.

(...which is why I wouldn't want to monkey around with the GTO's exhaust just to get a few more horses out of it -- might result in a noisy, hard-to-live-with daily driver.)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Its probably still the case with the dash on the latest model, I have 2002 Monaro and if you hold the mode button and up arrow for the trip computer while you turn on ignition it puts it into a diagnostic mode. Then you press the mode button and it scrolls through screens, there are things like RPM volts, water temp etc. Have a play and see..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts