LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of vids from last night's fun. Too bad I didn't get a vid of my first run: 1.744 60', 7.847 @ 89.12 1/8th, 12.252 @ 111.75 1/4.

In the first one, I ran against an '03 Mustang GT (4.6). Not much of a threat you would imagine, but the track was starting to go to pot, and I went sideways on the launch. But I was determined to reel him in and did, so I protected our honor. :)

Watch me go sideways and listen to the tires chirp in 2nd and 3rd. :cool:

Next up was a very nice LS1 Trans Am (new member "Jwasted" on this forum) that was running mid-12's at 110+. Would have been a great race except that we both had no traction and almost bumped going sideways. He corrected first and pulled out the win.

Watch me go sideways and lose this time. :)

Ya win some, ya lose some. :)

Padre
 

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
padre, i heard the chirp from 2 to 3. simply amazing :thumbs:
you make us proud.
and i like the hemming and hawing from the audience.

sweet vids. i like the LS1s dukin it out :punch: :punch: :punch:
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
PadreGTO said:
Here are a couple of vids from last night's fun. Too bad I didn't get a vid of my first run: 1.744 60', 7.847 @ 89.12 1/8th, 12.252 @ 111.75 1/4.

In the first one, I ran against an '03 Mustang GT (4.6). Not much of a threat you would imagine, but the track was starting to go to pot, and I went sideways on the launch. But I was determined to reel him in and did, so I protected our honor. :)

Watch me go sideways and listen to the tires chirp in 2nd and 3rd. :cool:

Next up was a very nice LS1 Trans Am (new member "Jwasted" on this forum) that was running mid-12's at 110+. Would have been a great race except that we both had no traction and almost bumped going sideways. He corrected first and pulled out the win.

Watch me go sideways and lose this time. :)

Ya win some, ya lose some. :)

Padre
Very nice padre.........really gets the blood pumping........I love hearing a GOAT eat...........
 

·
May I quote you on that?
Joined
·
22,046 Posts
Padre, what kinda shoes did you have on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Padre Ill be at MDMC monday morning.If u have time to come there Id like 2 see your car since were both a4s. If my car doesnt run like yours Im going to cry.
 

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
silver moose said:
Padre Ill be at MDMC monday morning.If u have time to come there Id like 2 see your car since were both a4s. If my car doesnt run like yours Im going to cry.
Depends on when you're there, but it's possible. Sean tells me you may go with the 3500 stall and a more aggressive cam, so you indeed may be running as well or better than me. You'll need a good set of drag radials too.

I'll talk to Sean and see if I can make it there Monday.

Padre
 

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
Joined
·
710 Posts
Padre nice Vids bro!
I'm used to enjoy watching your vids! new vids to be added to my collection.
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
 

·
King of Swing!!
Joined
·
28 Posts
Kewl vid bro I love how you walked that stang down LOL
 

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jwasted said:
Kewl vid bro I love how you walked that stang down LOL
Yeah, if I hadn't gone sideways I would have walked you down too. :punch: :gr_jest: But it's all good and tons of fun. :) Let me know if you want a higher-resolution of the vid.

Two things I love about the vid of you and I: I included your comment that I caught on tape: "yeah, when I saw you put your helmet on, I thought I was gonna get sprayed..." :gr_jest: Classic. :)

And then the top end of the run after we got traction - boy oh boy those things are rockets. :eek: :cool: I mean both of us trapped over 110 even if you did get me by 7-tenths. Once you get the heads on, I better watch out and might just have to spray. :secret: :)

Congrats on a great run, bro. Maybe we'll have an even better race when they bother to prep the track.

Padre
 

·
King of Swing!!
Joined
·
28 Posts
I agree lol. Had it been on even terms with no spin from each of us the win whould have proably been yours. I hope to have the heads on before I come back that way and maybe a few other bolt ons ;).
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top