LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GOT Boost???
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was crusing to work yesterday doing about 90 when I see in the mirror a VW hatchback flying up on me at about 105-110. He flys up on my right and passes me then slows down. I figured he was getting a better look but he then starts to egg me on by flooring it and slowing down several times. I can tell the car has work done to it but I couldn't believe the guy was serious. After the 5th or so time I floor it up to about 120 or so and look at this spec in my mirror. I get off the gas and about 10 seconds pass before he does his flyby :) He slows back down and eggs me on again so this time I give him a head start and notice he is spraying so I floor it and shutdown again at 120 with him being a spec in mirror.:fawkdance After that he wouldn't pass me again until I turned off 20 miles down the road.:turbonaug

·
Mclaren F1 LM
591 Posts
He must have thought you had a v6 grand am.

·
Registered
938 Posts
was it a GTI Mk V?

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
come on man... vee dub in the house yo. he must have bought into all those new GTI comercials... hey, if german engineering can beat all the ricers out there, then it has to beat a GTO....:drink:

·
Registered
938 Posts
well I did race my buddies GTI Mk V it was pretty quick for a 4 banger but not enough to beat me on a 1/2 mile

·
Registered
582 Posts
ahh yes the arrogance of the kraut crowd. i love hearing about any of them getting shut down. and what a total fool this guy must have been. he thinks his 50 shot is going to own.

nope.

·
"There's no good sharks?"
1,294 Posts
bonzelite said:
now i'm hungry. yum.
Aye, I'll be in Munich, Germany on Sunday. Will be renting a Bimmer to take out on the autobahn and then will begin my 5 hour drive through the Austrian Alps to the Carinthian Province in southern Austria.

Nothing like driving on impeccable roads with these type of views.

Looking forward to my first Wiener Schnitzel washed down with a nice local Villacher Bier once I'm there :gears:

·
I...I...I got Nothin
961 Posts
I don't know what's going on with these VW guys. Every single one I run into these day has a mega chip on their shoulder.

Is there some "super" VW with 400 horsepower whose reputation these guys are trying to use?

·
Registered
335 Posts
warhero said:
He must have thought you had a v6 grand am.

Nah, probably thought it was a Cavalier. I get that from alot of the WRX guys. Maybe its just me but I can't see the resemblance but then again I'm not the one looking at the rear as the Goat goes by.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts