LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coming to work this morning. in the right side lane at a red light. the idiot in front of me decides he needs to be in the right turn lane. so as im waiting i notice a VW (one of those sporty two door hatch back wagon things) coming up on my left like he is gonna zip around me. i say NO WAY.
as soon as the idiot is clear. i jam on it (from 1 to 2 to 3). probably got up to about the 60 or 70 or so. then shut down. he was WAY behind me. i did hear a BOV. nothing like a bit of adrenaline to wake you up in the morning.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Always gotta be mindin ya own biz!! :D

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
You spelled business wrong.

It's bizzzznezzzz.

Good kill. Volkswagen.....what a joke. Very good mpg though......but then again, we didn't buy the goat to save on gas did we? We bought it so we can mind our own bizznezz!

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Beware the Golf 1.8T. I'm not kidding. Simple chip will give a five-speed Golf 1.8T gains of about 50hp.

If someone really wants to take the time to tune one correctly, they can see low 12s pretty easily. Biggest hindrance is the fwd platform for drag racing.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
STi said:
Beware the Golf 1.8T. I'm not kidding. Simple chip will give a five-speed Golf 1.8T gains of about 50hp.

If someone really wants to take the time to tune one correctly, they can see low 12s pretty easily. Biggest hindrance is the fwd platform for drag racing.
Holy crap, STi, I had no idea! My son and I saw one of those 1.8T VW's just a few minutes ago and we both kind of giggled at the 1.8L... call it "displacement envy."

Glad it was a little old lady from Pasedena driving, or I might have embarrassed myself! LOL.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
STi said:

yeah, i know they can be fast. lucky for me either he was slow or didn't care to try to hard.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
yeah, i know they can be fast. lucky for me either he was slow or didn't care to try to hard.
lol..probably just slow, but they can be quick. The vast majority you'll run into will be stock, or just have an air filter or something, because the chip I spoke of doesn't come too cheaply. When my Dad got his S4, he looked at the prev. generation S4 with the TTV6, and the same company makes a chip for that vehicle as well, costing about $650. For the 1.8T VW's and Audi's I think it's only $499. But that's a lot for a chip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts