LS1GTO Forums banner

921 - 926 of 926 Posts

·
Seriously?
1,693 Posts
The tach? I thought the problem with the 04s was the speedometer settings and the MPH light searchlight brightness. Unless you are just talking about resetting the redline.
If I read it right, and I could be off, if you swap the 04 face for a 2005, 2006 face, you need to rescale the tach for accuracy and to account for the higher red line. You can fix the speedometer and MPH light but I had that done back in early 2005 when I had a cluster issue on my drive home when I bought it new. The dealer had to wait for GM to release the software update for it.

·
GR-RRR!
6,616 Posts
The tach? I thought the problem with the 04s was the speedometer settings and the MPH light searchlight brightness.
If I read it right, and I could be off, if you swap the 04 face for a 2005, 2006 face, you need to rescale the tach for accuracy and to account for the higher red line. You can fix the speedometer and MPH light but I had that done back in early 2005 when I had a cluster issue on my drive home when I bought it new. The dealer had to wait for GM to release the software update for it.
Ah, a gauge face swap. I can see now why a tach calibration setting would make more sense.

·
Seriously?
1,693 Posts
I should have bought the JHP gauges and done this stuff a long time ago, better late than being SOL I suppose...

·
Registered
20 Posts
looking for some advice. my dash used to say holden till the garage altered my speedo for a different diff ratio.

ive tried to change it back from vauxhall but it keeps saying error 6 . if i remember correctly wasnt beta 31 to include vauxhall. i can only find beta 30 .. im internet savvy but know nothing of programs .

any help appreciated .

·
Seriously?
1,693 Posts
Getting closer to diving into this. Got a 2005 cluster cheap on ebay, so that gauge face will go on my 2004. I ordered the cable from the place on page 1, post 1 on this thread. Yeah, it was still $60 but I was good with that. My JHP gauges are ready to go, and while I am in there, I've got the 2006 door lock switch and wiring to install and I got a pair of diodes to wire into my Gentex mirror so I can fix the maplight issue I am having.

I'd say in 2 or 3 weeks I'll be getting this done.

921 - 926 of 926 Posts