LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I have mentioned before, having your GTO just sitting in Fairfax is EXTREMELY frustrating. I was wondering about other people whose GTO's are just sitting in Fairfax. How long have your GTO's been at Fairfax waiting to be loaded and shipped out?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mine arrived Wed. morning at 8:35 am. I would have hoped it was moving towards me now!

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure the workers at Fairfax at doing all they can to get the cars loaded. This is my venting section, just wanted to let some steam off.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mine arrived on the 3rd. I have no idea of it's whereabouts now. Suprisingly (haha)the dealer thought it was still on the ship coming to the US!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mine got to Fairfax on Dec 30th and its still there. I called UP today though and a very helpfull guy named Mark from St. Louis patched me through to someone at Fairfax who as soon as I mentioned GTO's said (and I quote) "Oh, Those GTO's have been a major pain in the a$$, all the batteries are going dead and we have a bunch of them sitting under a tarp waiting to go out." Also he told me that after an extended shut down at a plant they stop shipping vehicles for 1 week to make sure there aren't any quality issues on the vehicles coming out of the plants. Kind of an insurance policy so they can find any defects before the vehicles are shipped. I know this is a fact because they have done the same thing here in Janesville, all the trucks we built this week are just sitting on the hill waiting to go and they will resume shipping them starting Monday. The guy in Fairfax said he would find my car and make sure it got shipped out as soon as possible. Once again, the shipping guys are extremely helpfull and it is much appreciated, too bad GM isn't.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
A major pain in the a$$ to them?

LOL!!! I find that humorous. :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
True dat, but heck, mine hasn't even been built yet. :(

·
Registered
429 Posts
mine was there for 1 day and then shipped but from jan 5 back to 11/15 no one knows where it was or they are not telling with an early tpw of 9/15/03 even if was is aussie land what was the hold up if you look at vin#s an tpws you will see that most of the cars built after mine have moved across the country already one thing i was told that if there are not enough cars to be shipped to a certain region of the country like the east they will sit and wait somewhere [ithink other than ups railyard in california] untill enough get to this secret place then go to UPin cali then to fairfax where mine is headed now iam still checking on a few things ?????????

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See Mr. Pontiacs post "Dead end in Fairfax." That really sucks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
cjlannoy said:
I would find it humorous if I had my car, since I don't I just find it sad. :(
Are you sure yours hasn't mad it to Janesville. My car got to Fairfax on Jan 3 and was shipped out for Janesville on the 6 and arrived in Janesville yesterday. I would call UP and get your railcar number if you have your VIN. I think your car maybe in Janesville.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure it is Faifax because it was there as of a little while ago. I am glad for you that least yours was shipped. Day 9 and counting. Hey I'm catching up to the 13 day wait record in Fairfax. Not a record that I would like to break.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That sucks if his car didn't make that train. I can not figure out which cars go on what trains. It doesn't seem like they are using any type of system. :sneaky:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only answer that I have gotten is that us folks on the East coast have to wait until there are enough cars to ship before they hit the rails again. I understand the business reasons for that, but it is not much of a consolation for the extended wait times. So for the time being, I am living vicariously through those of you that have actually taken delivery of yours, and you write about your experiences. Keep the imput rolling, because the cars aren't.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Do they think we have all the patience in the world? I know they have to think about expenses but what about us whose cars are already LATE!

·
Registered
835 Posts
chotton said:
Are you sure yours hasn't mad it to Janesville. My car got to Fairfax on Jan 3 and was shipped out for Janesville on the 6 and arrived in Janesville yesterday. I would call UP and get your railcar number if you have your VIN. I think your car maybe in Janesville.
I am absolutely positive that mine wasn't on your train which is why I'm so frustrated.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I called 800-2PONTIAC and asked them to call Jack Cooper Transport again. The rep was extermely helpful and GOOD NEWS. Day 13 and the GTO is finally on the rails again. Slated to be here in a couple of days. My advice is to call the Pontiac hotline and have them call Jack Cooper Transport directly. This has definately gotten results.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts