LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Turbo Whistle? She's Stock:)
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone on the South East end of the Goat community has changed out their own pump? If so, I’d like to ask you some questions regarding my pump.

·
Supercharged and a Warranty
434 Posts
Sure, I've done a couple, it's easy to do. One recomendation, get the Lingenfelter (sp) kit. It's designed to install in the GTO bucket. Most people just sell the Walbro 255 F-Body kit. The fuel sock is too large and there's no method to retain the pump. Their kit has a seat for the pump and retainer for the O-ring and a spacer that ensures proper sock placement. Not to mention that the sock is the right size to fit in the GTO bucket. Some people haven't had any problems with the other styles but Lingenfelter's kit is so well thought out and I have not had a problem with one yet.

·
Turbo Whistle? She's Stock:)
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to do the installation over again. I've already mounted the pump, but now every time I start the vehicle; it's always a hard start. Not to mention my Fuel Gauge went to crap as soon as I filled up my tank:soapbox: So reinstallation is a must, it would be great have someone who’s already installed a Walbro, and has it running smoothly. That way I could use their installation process as a blueprint to guide me along.

·
Old Fart
171 Posts
Sure, I've done a couple, it's easy to do. One recomendation, get the Lingenfelter (sp) kit. It's designed to install in the GTO bucket. Most people just sell the Walbro 255 F-Body kit. The fuel sock is too large and there's no method to retain the pump. Their kit has a seat for the pump and retainer for the O-ring and a spacer that ensures proper sock placement. Not to mention that the sock is the right size to fit in the GTO bucket. Some people haven't had any problems with the other styles but Lingenfelter's kit is so well thought out and I have not had a problem with one yet.
Where did you buy Lingenfelter pump?

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
Since you are running forced induction you might want to consider not only a reinstall of the Walbro but also an upgrade of the bucket. I did it recently follow the post etc and it worked out quite well. Links for sources for all parts and pictures of procedure are posted here. Highly recommend it.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67159

1 - 8 of 8 Posts