LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,440 Posts
Are looking at ported vs. unported on the same manifold?

·
Mile High Air
3,070 Posts
So was that without any tuning or after tuning? Same gas?

Very nice numbers Scott. Seems like those "big" cams work pretty well. Take that beast to the track. Let's see some 12's.

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Unported FAST 90mm intake and then a ported FAST 90mm intake. From what I've seen, the FAST intakes are consistent in build.

Fuel was 5 gals of 91 octance from Diamond Shamrock, same place I buy fuel before heading to the dyno. I think if I had someone do a max number tune, over inflated the rear tires, and had higher octane fuel in it I'd be in the 450-460 range. My three pulls were 443, 445, and 445 so I was happy with the consistency. Tune was the same as before. I had signed up for 1 hour of self tuning, but it wasn't meant to be and they delayed me a bit on the start time due to long wait lines at the emission center for a twin turbo Mustang.

Wanted to head to the track tonight, but we had an event downtown Denver. Placed third out of 108 people in a Texas Hold'em freebie game (vendors put it on). Was happy just to make it to the final table!! Even though it's free, man do some people get serious. Learned my lesson from last time and just relaxed and had fun.

Best try to go back to sleep, found myself wide awake at 2am...ugh!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
First observations...

Got fat at about 4200 and she lost power. Add a tick of timing right there and see what it does...

Also... smoothing at "zero"???? That's a pretty nice smooth curve if that's true!

Ed

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EDC said:
Got fat at about 4200 and she lost power. Add a tick of timing right there and see what it does...

Also... smoothing at "zero"???? That's a pretty nice smooth curve if that's true!
Thanks Ed, I'll defentily try the timing advance, didn't think about that. Smoothing at 0 for those two runs, yes :)

·
7,835 Posts
damn all you 400+ people. Making me jelous. But i soon will be in that club...

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments guys

Avsguy33 said:
damn all you 400+ people. Making me jelous. But i soon will be in that club...
Everyone is welcome to join, just need to get that cam in your car to start it out :burnout:

·
Administrator
20,431 Posts
Not too shabby for a non-f/i ls1 :)

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
grfperformance said:
To bad you don't have a stock driveshaft.......
They claim the 3.5" BMR is good to 7,200rpm in 4th gear. Trackday has taken his there over and over again. When it comes down to it, I'm only looking for the peak point up to 6,500rpm, the peak appears just before. I feel it's better for the overall life of my rod bolts to not take up to 7krpm or higher.

Now what I could do, if worried about the driveshaft, is run it up to 7,000rpm in 3rd. It would show a lower number, but could still show the curve. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts