LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sugar..in..water..
Joined
·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ive posted this in the for sale section as well but I just realized it might get more attention here.

Short Version: I have a black interior but want to swap for red. If you are somewhere near the so cal area please let me know if you have any interest in this. Some traveling is ok but shipping isnt gonna happen on this one.

Also if it makes any difference I actually want the red panels but black seats so the seat trade isnt totally necessary but im not sure how many people want red seats and black panels so im willing to just swap it all if thats what anyone wants. Thanks!
 

·
05 Torrid Red Pontiac GT0 6MT
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
Good Luck with this. I have seen a number of people posting that they want to switch from Black to Red, but no one going the other way. I ended up getting the red panels from Cleveland pick-a-part and keeping my black seats as you mentioned. It was not that bad $ wise.
 

·
Had to bring her back
Joined
·
148 Posts
I live in Massachusetts and would love to do this swap, let's figure out the shipping see if it is doable..(yes I know that that is prolly not a real word yet)
 

·
Made friends with my lazy
Joined
·
543 Posts
smyla said:
Good Luck with this. I have seen a number of people posting that they want to switch from Black to Red, but no one going the other way. I ended up getting the red panels from Cleveland pick-a-part and keeping my black seats as you mentioned. It was not that bad $ wise.
Hey did you mean the door panels/trim panels? that is all I want to swap out for red, i dont like the red seats.. how much did you get those for? just looking for a baseline in case i find them somewhere else..
 

·
05 Torrid Red Pontiac GT0 6MT
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
GTOMYGOD said:
Hey did you mean the door panels/trim panels? that is all I want to swap out for red, i dont like the red seats.. how much did you get those for? just looking for a baseline in case i find them somewhere else..
I swapped out both door panels, both rear side panels, the red "suede" trim panels on the bottom of the console, the glove box, and the "cooler" under the steering wheel. I don't remember the exact amount, but I think it was around $400-450 shipped. You can make some of that back by selling your old parts.

The door panels have two sections of "red" on them, the red leather arm rests and the suede looking stuff below. BOTH of which are glued to the door panel. You can remove the leather, but the "suede" part would be next to impossible without damaging it. I originally was going to swap the red leather arm rest out from both the front and rear and put the black leather in, but I put on the doors and I liked the way it looked so that is how I left them.

BTW, If anyone want's the parts in Black, PM me. I will be going on vacation in a few days, but I will be selling them when I get back.
 

·
Had to bring her back
Joined
·
148 Posts
I would like to keep my red door panel inserts the suede lower under the dash and just swap front and rear seats for black, I think this would look good, this sounds like you ended up with smyla am I correct?
 

·
05 Torrid Red Pontiac GT0 6MT
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
spykesta said:
I would like to keep my red door panel inserts the suede lower under the dash and just swap front and rear seats for black, I think this would look good, this sounds like you ended up with smyla am I correct?
Correct. I swapped everything but my black seats. I can post pics but I would have to wait until I am back from vacation in about two weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,674 Posts
Is anyone trading black for blue??
I have black and want blue
Chuch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
good luck with the blue. im buyin the blue parts were ever i can. i doubt anyone wants to give up the blue interior parts for black.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,899 Posts
Yeah... I think most people that got anything but black, got it for a reason.. like me, because I reaaaaallly wanted it. lol. Good luck finding anyone that wants black.
 

·
Had to bring her back
Joined
·
148 Posts
Like I said I am willing to swap my red seats front and back for black, would like to keep the door panels and red lower trim from dash I think.
 

·
A Miserable Prick
Joined
·
115 Posts
It would be a lot cheaper to just puchase the Alcantara and wrap them yourself. I recently purchased Alcantara from www.gulffabrics.com, ask for samples of your favorite colors because they are slightly different than the website.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top