LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Yes my name is Holden
504 Posts
I finialy got a V2, but couldn't decide what color to paint it, so I compromised
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Wow I posted 3 pictures & got 9. I should buy a lotto ticket!
Is that a spoiler for a GTO or something from another car you made fit? It doesnt look quite right. I think its too short or something.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
maybe the thing that makes it look odd is it looks kinda too thick on the front corners? in the pic it does anyways.

·
Yes my name is Holden
504 Posts
Mr. Not Hubert & all; Isn't their a rule about posting pictures of foreign nazi cars, and a Poorsh at that! Yes nice color & I think part of the reason I like silver is way back the Auto Union automobiles (they were silver) were the very fastest on the planet. So I guess I associate silver with fast?? Not to mention stealth for a work car! Oh back to V-2 wing-let, I just had to have some more black on the butt now that stealth isn't as important to me, retired. Some of my favorite past Outombiles had some black on the butt, I just had too, Ole' Bob.

·
Yes my name is Holden
504 Posts
Mr Kfx Guy; Let me say first I HATE tack on brown soft smelly stuff (wings anything that isn't smooth). So that being said, the OE shelf that GM mounted on my trunk was OFF the second day! But it left 5 hopes that I had filled with epoxy & painted (twelve years ago). These V-2 wing-lets I believe were made in New Zealand years back & very expensive of course. They may of been an option on Monaro's as I've seen so many with this wing-let. And yes it was made for Monaro's as it bolts on using the OE holes. What pushed me is the epoxy was short term (twelve yrs) solution to holes. Local body shops (three) wanted big moneys ($1000-$1200) to weld & paint. Plus warned me, silver is very hard to match. And with my paint being near perfect they did not recommend my idea. So this was the less expensive path. Still tack on sh_t but better than holes, Ole' Bob.

·
Administrator
8,291 Posts
Reactions: vanrah

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Mr Kfx Guy; Let me say first I HATE tack on brown soft smelly stuff (wings anything that isn't smooth). So that being said, the OE shelf that GM mounted on my trunk was OFF the second day! But it left 5 hopes that I had filled with epoxy & painted (twelve years ago). These V-2 wing-lets I believe were made in New Zealand years back & very expensive of course. They may of been an option on Monaro's as I've seen so many with this wing-let. And yes it was made for Monaro's as it bolts on using the OE holes. What pushed me is the epoxy was short term (twelve yrs) solution to holes. Local body shops (three) wanted big moneys ($1000-$1200) to weld & paint. Plus warned me, silver is very hard to match. And with my paint being near perfect they did not recommend my idea. So this was the less expensive path. Still tack on sh_t but better than holes, Ole' Bob.
Gotcha. Mine is epoxy filled and painted too until one of three (four) things happens:
-find a mav man carbon one for sale
-make my own, which i started but havent finished yet
-change whole decklid to carbon and paint to match
or if I wreck the car. lol. hopefully not the last option.

·
Administrator
8,291 Posts
Nope. Mine is well over 10 years old and had it painted by my local body shop.

·
GR-RRR!
5,656 Posts
I had a V2 on my car for a couple of years and took it off this past Spring and put the stocker back on. Same feelings as Kfx, it was too short on the ends. It was a nice design, just would have made me happier if the tips had been a few inches longer. The MavMan one is similar in size and shape, but has longer tips and works better to my eye. But they are overpriced and who knows how long it would take one to actually arrive on your doorstep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts