LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hoon of the Day
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for a complete stock 2004 driveshaft. Mine decided to become a 3 piece, and the lead time for the DSS 2 piece is about 3 months, so im just looking for something to throw in so I dont miss out on all the good driving weather. Let me know what you got. Complete with non destroyed guibos preferred.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I have one but the front guibo is gone and the center bearing rubber is ripped. Easy fixes. so here's one option if no one else has one.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Assuming that an '06 stock shaft would work, I have one that I pulled out when I got my aluminum 1-pc for Christmas. I've been meaning to Ebay it but I dislike dealing with people and the haggling, so I haven't.

It worked fine when I removed it, and I replaced the center support in 2017 so it's likely still in good shape.

Not sure If I'd want to ship it - where are you? I'm in North Texas,

·
Is that FWD?
1,214 Posts
I sent you a PM, I have mine as well from 2004 A4 with only 25,000 on it and in very good shape. I replaced it with 1 piece Carbon Fiber shaft.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Assuming that an '06 stock shaft would work, I have one that I pulled out when I got my aluminum 1-pc for Christmas. I've been meaning to Ebay it but I dislike dealing with people and the haggling, so I haven't.

It worked fine when I removed it, and I replaced the center support in 2017 so it's likely still in good shape.

Not sure If I'd want to ship it - where are you? I'm in North Texas,
They will not. The rear pinion bolt pattern size is different

·
Registered
956 Posts
They will not. The rear pinion bolt pattern size is different
Good point. I should have remembered that my new driveshaft had two different bolt patterns on the adapter plate for this exact reason. Ah, well. Good luck, OP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts