LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading home from the baseball game, me and two passengers, late model Z28 T-top with just the driver. At the first light we lined up, nothing serious, easy ride to the next light. He was on his cell phone. When the second light turned green, I waited just a tick to see what he would do. He got a good lauch, chirping at the start, and the race was on.

Well, I can't call it a race. I chirped 1st and closed the car length he got at the launch. Chirped 2nd and passed him. Chirped 3rd and left him. I can't believe he was even trying. It was just too easy. I wish we could have had a rematch, but I had to make a left turn into Food Lion. Maybe next time.

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
FLORIT said:
Heading home from the baseball game, me and two passengers, late model Z28 T-top with just the driver. At the first light we lined up, nothing serious, easy ride to the next light. He was on his cell phone. When the second light turned green, I waited just a tick to see what he would do. He got a good lauch, chirping at the start, and the race was on.

Well, I can't call it a race. I chirped 1st and closed the car length he got at the launch. Chirped 2nd and passed him. Chirped 3rd and left him. I can't believe he was even trying. It was just too easy. I wish we could have had a rematch, but I had to make a left turn into Food Lion. Maybe next time.

A:) You either need to update that time in your profile.
B:) It was a V6 dressed up to look like an 8cyl
C:) It was an LT1 that was worn out

I pulled up on a "Ws6" not too long ago and raced him and anhiliated him. Found out shortly after it was a V6 with a complete exterior transition, exhaust brakes and all...

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Found out shortly after it was a V6 with a complete exterior transition, exhaust brakes and all...
i despise it when people do this. i mean, what do you call the opposite of a sleeper (besides dumbass)

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
I raced an LT1 and a LS1 Z/28 and I walked the LT1 no problem. The LS1 was more of a challenge but still took him. As far as the poseurs out there dressing up their V6 cars I always listen to the exhaust note. If it sounds like gargling water then I know it is a 6 because the 8 sounds like a mean mutha!

P.S. I give FLORIT 90 days before the cops have him wearing a striped jumpsuit!!! LOL . . . Cleaning up the side of the highways . . . Gotta love going fast!!!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Doc GTO said:
P.S. I give FLORIT 90 days before the cops have him wearing a striped jumpsuit!!! LOL . . . Cleaning up the side of the highways . . . Gotta love going fast!!!
Hey he is enjoying it.........only live once.......... :cool: :hail:

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Doc GTO said:
I raced an LT1 and a LS1 Z/28 and I walked the LT1 no problem. The LS1 was more of a challenge but still took him. As far as the poseurs out there dressing up their V6 cars I always listen to the exhaust note. If it sounds like gargling water then I know it is a 6 because the 8 sounds like a mean mutha!

Doc, we are going to race... :punch:

Have to catch ya at a GA track sometime while I am still stock so we can put the two cars to a friendly grudge match and settle this debate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You obvesously dont know what the f-bodies are capable of, or those guys didnt know how to drive. i will garentee the lose of ur gto if u would have raced me. just my option nothing personal or anything but i would have.

·
Lil Cosmos GTO
507 Posts
Z28 (4th generation) vs. 2004 GTO

No contest, the GTO may not feel as strong in the seat of the pants, but it will walk on the 4th generation F-Body, either the LS1 or the LT1. I currently own both a GTO and an F-body and hardly ever drive the F-body any more. Can anyone guess why? The LT1 seems to have more low end torque than the LS1, but in mid-range and at the high end, there is no comparison.
However, I have not driven an SLP 345 hp f-body, so no opinion on that.
Anyone want to buy a nice 1995 Z28 Convertible with 58,000 miles?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I test drove a gto today (8-14) and i will tell u they are very nice. BUT, the pull in my z is way more that the gto. it was fun to drove and toy around with the guy told me to punch it and i did. no comparision to my z. To bad one of ya didnt live is S.W. missouri. We would give them a run, but im telling ya ur going to lose!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
oh and my car is a stock ls1 that kiss arsh on the street. runs bumper to bumper with a 12.80s ss camaro

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Bryce Woodall said:
No contest, the GTO may not feel as strong in the seat of the pants, but it will walk on the 4th generation F-Body, either the LS1 or the LT1. I currently own both a GTO and an F-body and hardly ever drive the F-body any more. Can anyone guess why? The LT1 seems to have more low end torque than the LS1, but in mid-range and at the high end, there is no comparison.
However, I have not driven an SLP 345 hp f-body, so no opinion on that.
Anyone want to buy a nice 1995 Z28 Convertible with 58,000 miles?

Well you just answered yourself. The LT1 sucks...There was a 95 convertible at the track last Friday that ran 14.9 twice. It was an auto and was stock. It was trapping at 93mph...The LT1's are only getting about 240whp.

The LS1 is much more powerful and puts down 300+whp in the F Bodys the same power you get to the ground. Also the car is 400lbs lighter...

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
1badz said:
I test drove a gto today (8-14) and i will tell u they are very nice. BUT, the pull in my z is way more that the gto. it was fun to drove and toy around with the guy told me to punch it and i did. no comparision to my z. To bad one of ya didnt live is S.W. missouri. We would give them a run, but im telling ya ur going to lose!!!!!!
No comparison my a$$. It's the same dam engine. The f-body is like 400lbs
lighter. That's the difference. The f-body stock for stock should beat the
GTO because of weight. That's it. It's not badder, and it certainly ain't
as nice. When Doc GTO beat the LS1 Z28, he beat it. Period. So, what
if the driver may not have been that good of a driver. Cars that should
not win, win all the time. If you get a bad launch, I'm gonna beat you.
These cars are very close in performance and many times can come down
to the driver.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
No comparison my a$$. It's the same dam engine. The f-body is like 400lbs
lighter. That's the difference. The f-body stock for stock should beat the
GTO because of weight. That's it. It's not badder, and it certainly ain't
as nice. When Doc GTO beat the LS1 Z28, he beat it. Period. So, what
if the driver may not have been that good of a driver. Cars that should
not win, win all the time. If you get a bad launch, I'm gonna beat you.
These cars are very close in performance and many times can come down
to the driver.

Thanks, YJ

I raced the Zs 2 or 3 times each (they just could't take a hint) but I still came out on top. With these cars side by side in stock form it really does come down to the driver. I don't want to brag on myself but I do consider myself a good driver :cool: (considering that I hold an SCCA racing permit and instruct for club racing I better be good). Of course, I have had my fair share of screw-ups in the past too (we won't talk about those :eek2: ), so the driver is an important mod!!!

WKDWS6,

Come on down to Savannah! Win or lose, I'll race anybody. It's all fun anyway! We only have an 1/8 mile dragstrip but we do have a killer 2.01 mile road course called Roebling Road and that's my stomping ground!!!

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Thanks, YJ

I raced the Zs 2 or 3 times each (they just could't take a hint) but I still came out on top. With these cars side by side in stock form it really does come down to the driver. I don't want to brag on myself but I do consider myself a good driver :cool: (considering that I hold an SCCA racing permit and instruct for club racing I better be good). Of course, I have had my fair share of screw-ups in the past too (we won't talk about those :eek2: ), so the driver is an important mod!!!

WKDWS6,

Come on down to Savannah! Win or lose, I'll race anybody. It's all fun anyway! We only have an 1/8 mile dragstrip but we do have a killer 2.01 mile road course called Roebling Road and that's my stomping ground!!!
A road course huh? That would be sweet! I just bought a new(used) vette. If time permits then we can run the ws6 and your GTO at both tracks. If not and I have sold her by then, I'll just bring the Vette. Sure it would be much better for me on the road course. With you being an instructor and all I would want a head start...LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts