LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in N .C. with all the water from the hurricane we have had in the past few days, I was just looking around in the trunk and pulled the cover up from the spare tire and it had about a inch of water in the bottom. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or if anyone has checked after a rain to see if they have water in their trunk. taking it to the dealer monday........

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
earlsgto said:
I live in N .C. with all the water from the hurricane we have had in the past few days, I was just looking around in the trunk and pulled the cover up from the spare tire and it had about a inch of water in the bottom. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or if anyone ?has checked after a rain to see if they have water in their trunk. taking it to the dealer monday........
Is it wet in the trunk above the area where you found the water or does it
look like it came in from the bottom?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the top was completely dry, had to come from the bottom

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Man, that is weird, but those hurricanes are a *****. I hope everything is ok with
you and your family. I have not been under the car. Have you looked under the trunk area for any holes of any kind?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I did hear water sloshing around somewhere Friday morning when we had some decent rain. Had been driving on the freeway, and once I got into town the first 4 or 5 stoplights it sounded like a fair amount of water moving around. By the time I parked it had stopped. I checked the trunk and it was dry, just checked the spare tire well, and that seems dry too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dealer is checking it out tomorrow, says he will take all the padding out of the trunk and get inside with a flashlight, and look for signs of leak, also they are going to do the clutch torque also.will post what they find out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts