LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life last night...or so I thought. After parking the car, I was doing some revs with the window down for a friend and somehow left my car afterword with the window in the down position. Normally, this isn't a big deal, except that it RAINED last night! When I woke up, I discovered that the window had been down ALL NIGHT IN THE RAIN! :banghead: Ok, here comes the good part -- after wiping the seats and side panels down with a terry-cloth towel, everything seemed to be undamaged (HALLELUJAH!). :eek2: I think it only rained for an hour, but I was SHOCKED at how well the interior held up (especially because it's leather)! The carpet was relatively moist, but I cured that by running the heater all the way to work with the vents on the floor running at full speed (and the air compressor ON to give me hot, dry air). When I got to work everything seemed perfect! Looks like I dodged the bullet! So my hat's off to the aussies for their all-weather leather. I guess it can get pretty wet down under to warrant that kind of durability!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
A little bit of leather conditioner or neatsfoot oil (black leather only) should counteract any drying effect from exposure to water.

·
KBAS
221 Posts
Did you ever wonder why most convertibles have leather.... because it stands up great to the elements... water doesn't do $HIT!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts