LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time. Went with the wife, son and his wife. Got on the track in my car on Fri. Then on Sat myself, son, and daughter in law got to go for a hot lap in the G8 GXP. That was an unbelieveable experience. Especially since the three of us were together for it.
On Fri a group of us went out on the track. Surprisingly the pace car took of and we were left to our own devices to keep up. Unfortunately I was behind three of the older GTO's and did not want to run up their ass. The vid's make it look like your further away than you really are. Shortly before the first vid the 68 GTO was going into a corner with a bit too much exuberance after which he decided to use a bit more caution.
On Sat the three of us were the last group to get a ride before the race. Experience of a lifetime. Great car. Any car that can haul 4 adults at that speed in that fashion is a winner.

http://s341.photobucket.com/albums/o374/robscar1/Watkins Glen 09/

·
Omertà
5,280 Posts
Very nice!!

I've had the experience of parade laps ~Mid-Ohio for the past 3 years, but never a hot lap in a GTO or G8.:damnyou:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I was a lucky SOB the very first year we were able to get rides on the track. We all got pace car rides. But I had asked if I could get into the car during a caution lap. I wasn't able to get a ride during a caution period. But, I was able to take a ride with my video camera during the 2 lap "pre race". Which is the 2 laps prior to green flag racing. I was able to watch both GTO-R's from my mirror and get grate video and shots like no other could. What an experiance.

edit:

Found the pic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
sspdfreek
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing