LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have dried wax in various areas of the rubber molding, on the plastic under the windshield wipers, even in the "5.7 Litre" GTO side emblem. My brother suggested Q-tips with nail polish remover, but that idea is scary. Any tips?

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Use a SOFT toothbrush and gently wisk away. It should not take much to remove the wax. If it does then change to a different type. I prefer Zaino,
but there are others that come off easily as well.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
All those work for me...I run 2 inch masking tape over my shirt or jeans a few times to kill most of the adhesive, and use it to cover the leading edge of the rubber at the panels I am working on. It keeps me from getting wax on them...

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Whatever you do, do not use nail polish remover... WAY BAD IDEA!

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Nail Polish Remover

FLORIT said:
I have dried wax in various areas of the rubber molding, on the plastic under the windshield wipers, even in the "5.7 Litre" GTO side emblem. My brother suggested Q-tips with nail polish remover, but that idea is scary. Any tips?
NPR is chiefly acetone. It'll eat the Clear Coat and the Base Coat like it is it's job!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Florit, No way... No nail remover... That stuff is NASTY... A lite touch of warm soap
water/spray wax.. Eagle One/Meguier's. You get the idea.. Cos

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I even hate the idea of transporting polish remover in this car :eek:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Huntress said:
I even hate the idea of transporting polish remover in this car :eek:
You have obviously had experience with Mr. Murphy and his stupid laws!!!
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Simple tooth brush is all you need. Be sure to leave some on. If someone ever accuses you of not waxing you can say... "look here. I waxed it"

·
Registered
86 Posts
A Q-Tip,a toothbrush, or a rag dipped in isopropyl alcohol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts